What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SDS EI Box Location

Well Known Member
At some point, I could have sworn I saw a photo of someone who located their SDS EI control box under one of the forward seats of an RV-10. I can't find that picture or thread here, searching with the VAF or external search engines. Does anyone know who did this/what thread it was discussed in?

If the person who did this sees this post, was it a single or dual box, and what is the clearance between the box and the control stick mechanism?

At some point, I could have sworn I saw a photo of someone who located their SDS EI control box under one of the forward seats of an RV-10. I can't find that picture or thread here, searching with the VAF or external search engines. Does anyone know who did this/what thread it was discussed in?

If the person who did this sees this post, was it a single or dual box, and what is the clearance between the box and the control stick mechanism?

I put a GDL39R and a relay box and strobe controller down there with A LOT of room to spare. If you use VHB adhesive tape and velcro on the rear vertical wall, you can get a lot down there. I did that with the 39, but don't know how heavy the sds box is.

Last edited:
I put a GDL39R and a relay box and strobe controller down there with A LOT of room to spare. If you use VHB adhesive tape and velcro on the rear vertical wall, you can get a lot down there. I did that with the 39, but don't know how heavy the sds box is.

Is that the GDL39 you bought from me? How's it working?

It died after a year of flying. I replaced it with a 39R. Garmin swapped it for a not so reasonable fee.

Larry

I'm sorry to hear that. I had it for about 4-5 years prior, so it had a good run, I guess, but should've lasted longer.

Back