What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FlyLED controller mount

Sportquattro

Well Known Member
Hi guys, fairly recently I say a post I think on Facebook for a 3d printed mounting box for the FlyLEDs controller board. Try as I might I can’t find the post anywhere. I don’t suppose anyone can point me in the right direction or has the STL file that was linked to?

Thanks in advance

Nige

Hi Nige
The controller board for The Works kit was designed to fit into a Hammond 1591XXSS or 1591XXSSFL box.
Jim's STL file can also be found on our Information page.
[added:]We didn't have a particular box in mind for The Original kit.

Works-controller-3D-case.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Nige
The controller board was designed to fit into a Hammond 1591XXSS or 1591XXSSFL box.
Jim's STL file can also be found on our Information page.

Works-controller-3D-case.jpg

Thanks Paul! As always you guys are awesome :) I have ordered the set from you with the optional power supply adapter kit to plug the connections from the existing Whelan Strobe power unit into your system, will it still fit the box with this add on?

Many thanks in advance

Thanks Paul! As always you guys are awesome :) I have ordered the set from you with the optional power supply adapter kit to plug the connections from the existing Whelan Strobe power unit into your system, will it still fit the box with this add on?
Many thanks in advance
The DB15 connector still hangs out the side so there shouldn't be a problem fitting the adapter board as well.
Note that the adapter board kit includes a base plate that is the same size as the Whelen power supply already, but yes it still leaves the boards 'naked'.
2456543302.jpg

That box should be included in the kit!!
I haven't included this or the Hammond box in the kit, as it was always intended that the board be mounted somewhere out of the reach of wayward boots and bags.
Plus it's just extra weight for those counting the grams!

Please note that the 3D printed box was designed by a customer and it suits The Works kit controller board only.

Last edited:
Back