What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G3x Fuel Level Calibration

karrelsj

g3xpert, what are your thoughts on a feature request for being able to fine tune the fuel sender calibrations. I am looking to tweak a gallon here and there on my fuel level map. Currently (I think) the only way to do this is with the plane on the ground at flight level get my fuel level where I want it and then store new points...

I am being lazy, but my first thought was to pull my wing root covers and put a potentiometer on my fuel sender line and fine tune that way. Or possibly save off my configuration settings to a SD card, hexedit that file from a computer, and load that configuration back into the g3x.

It would be super cool to just be able to edit the voltage number in the configuration page.

*P.S. Yes, for all the people that are going to blast me and tell me that those fuel gauges are not that accurate and that I shouldn't be splitting hairs... True, it just bothers me enough that my fuel totalizer is dead nuts on and after 70 hours I know that 7 gallons remaining is really 9.5 gallons. I mean at least it is error on the correct side of the curve, but I have never been the person to set my clock 5 minutes fast thinking it would get me up on time.

Last edited:
I did as you suggested to tweak the numbers. I used a potentiometer in lieu of the sending unit. It sure would be nice to have the ability to edit the file.

Back