What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Wing Tip Option

If you are early in your build, somewhat hidden in the back of Aeroleds booth at Osh ( at least it was news to me).

Working with Van's, they are coming out with a new, combined Wingtip and integrated lighting solution.

Intro price is 3395, that's fir wing tips and lights, which are new design.

They are called aerosun Vxi.

I liked them enough to order. Integrated lights minus the wing up flair which just didn't fit my design.

John

If you are early in your build, somewhat hidden in the back of Aeroleds booth at Osh ( at least it was news to me).

Working with Van's, they are coming out with a new, combined Wingtip and integrated lighting solution.

Intro price is 3395, that's fir wing tips and lights, which are new design.

They are called aerosun Vxi.

I liked them enough to order. Integrated lights minus the wing up flair which just didn't fit my design.

John

What do they look like? Any pictures?

I inquired about these while I was at OSH and talked to one of the guys at the AeroLeds booth (his card is here somewhere...) and the concept is pretty cool. I asked the guy at the booth if they had a wingtip and light set up for me to look at and they did not because Aerosun Vxi and wing tip were still in development. I did not pull the trigger at the show because they were not set up yet to take any money/deposit. I've hesitated waiting to see when they would be released and I missed the Aug 15 deadline for the introductory price. I could have saved $600 I know, but without a physical product I was hesitant. I snoozed and I losed. I'm still interested though.

I agree with seeing before buying, I saw the website. I was hoping to see some pictures of it without the marketing. I'm interested to know if they are brighter than or comparable to fly leds. I have those on my airplane and they are the brightest lights out there from what I see flying.

I agree with seeing before buying, I saw the website. I was hoping to see some pictures of it without the marketing. I'm interested to know if they are brighter than or comparable to fly leds. I have those on my airplane and they are the brightest lights out there from what I see flying.
1) yes that's them

2) looks? Think ZipTip without the swoosh. Same integrated light concept.

3) Van's apparently is designing and building the tip, fiberglass or carbon fiber. so I felt OK committing, assume they will look similar to current but with the integrated lights.

Good luck getting this one past the finance manager.

You single guys have the advantage here............:D

Single guy here. I just added these to my short list of upgrades!

Would love to see anyone's install pics.

I ordered a set of carbon fiber ones as they were the same cost as the fiberglass. They did not have any of these to show at AirVenture but both aeroled and vans are well-known companies. I do think based on my conversation with aeroled that shipment will be delayed as it seemed they got more orders then expected by a bunch,

Back