What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AOG: KBCT Boca Raton; need 5.00x5 tube ASAP

No answer. I may be SOL until Monday morning unless someone local has a spare tube in their hanger down here I can purchase.

??

No rvs on the field or one airport away? Every rv owner i know would have one in their hangar or go bag. Got to be one close.

I keep checking to see if someone speaks up. I need to start offering amazon gift cards to the first person who finds a tube :)

idea

Idea...

Your post name doesnt say what you need. Start a new one.

NEED tire tube ASAP at KBCT anyone able to help!

That should get a few more hits.

[Done, and moved to General Discussion for wider exposure; S. Buchanan]

Last edited by a moderator:
AOG

Try Banyan Pilot Shop at KFXE, Fort Lauderdale Exec.
Opens Sunday @ 10:00 am.
888-280-9272

My Lancair has oddball tire sizes so I carry a spare tube with me when I fly. I know Lancair pilots who carry an entire wheel as a spare! Personally, I'm not that anal.

Will a Michelin airstop tube do you okay? Have a couple of them new in the box. Just replace it when you got the time

Charlie

Private message me with your contact details

Have you pulled the tube and identified the leak point. If it were me, I would go to a hardware store or auto parts store and buy a patch kit for $4. Tubes were patched this way on cars for decades before radials became the norm. Would be good enough to get you home.

Larry

Back