What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 WOW paint job

kuziaj

I'm New Here
Jonathon McCormick (Planeschemer) is the designer/painter on my RV-7. As you can see he did as fantastic job, he also did a fantastic job on the fiberglass fitment. I highly recommend him if you are thinking of any paint work for your RV. http://planeschemer.com.

11909916_971974369512360_1025509207_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool.

Ticky-tack nitpick: I don't understand why many people do not paint the slider rail on the top of the fuselage so that it matches the surrounding area. It seems to needlessly stand out as bare metal. I did have mine painted and have no reason not to do it the same way again.

erich

Beautiful!

As for those nit picking because you didn't do it their way....their mothers abused them as children. Don't let it deter you for liking the look of metal next to paint. I like the look....as it is.

More pictures!

I agree with others that the word limit on posts is not well thought out (my interpretation)...

Bob

I happen to like the polished rail. Do you have a close up of the details in the 7. Great paint scheme.

That's pretty snazzy. I personally would be afraid of paint getting rubbed off of the canopy slide rail; I'd be more tempted to polish it or get it anodized.

But where'd you hide the registration number?

Nice! Jonathan is working on my design now. He has been great to work with and he has some great ideas. I cant wait to start painting!

Back