What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest McKinney needs your scrap!!

philcam

Well Known Member
Eagles Nest Projects is building an RV-12 with McKinney ISD.

We need scrap to help the students build their skills.

Specifically we are looking for angle and strap to teach countersinking and sheet/skins to dimple, de-burr, rivet etc.

Clean out your hanger and let me know if you'd like to donate, I'd be happy to pick up in the DFW area.

Eagles Nest Projects is building an RV-12 with McKinney ISD.

We need scrap to help the students build their skills.

Specifically we are looking for angle and strap to teach countersinking and sheet/skins to dimple, de-burr, rivet etc.

Clean out your hanger and let me know if you'd like to donate, I'd be happy to pick up in the DFW area.

Glad to hear that y'all got that project started. Congratulations! Do you have a webpage or a blog set up yet?

Phil,

I have a box of scrap rolling around in the attic. Mostly cutoffs and re-made parts. I also have an aft skin that I re-made as well. A good portion is probably useable for your purpose. I'm done with all the sheetmetal, so no need to keep it around these days. You are welcome to it, just shoot me a PM or e-mail and we can work out a handoff.

Check with McKinney Jet Center and Gulfstream Dallas (Love Field) to see if they would donate scarp metal.

Phil,
I think I have some to spare. Most of the angle is smaller scraps, but I do have some. I'm not far from McKinney North if you want to come by and peruse the pile of scrap.

Scrap

I have lots of extra Aluninum scrap. Come by My hanger at Hicks we can make up a good selection

Back