What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 wing dimensions??

tkatc

Well Known Member
I'm thinking about purchasing a second hand set of quick build wings. In an effort to plan transport of these wings of about 500 miles, I need the dimensions. Trying to be cost effective here, I suppose the cheapest is a small flat bed trailer. The open air of a 500 mile trip scares me though. Perhaps enclosed is the best way...but what size would be sufficient? 5 x 10 I'm guessing. There is always the option of a u-haul truck but that would probably be most expensive.

Who has ideas and or dimensions?

TK, I transported my wings in the back of my Toyota Tacoma.

Put the wing rack in the 5 foot bed, placed the wings in the rack, tied the heck out of them and as a backup I used one of those "thing'Es" that go into the trailer hitch used for long pieces of lumber.

Just another idea....

Good luck!

I hauled a set about 1200 miles in the back of a pickup with a 8' bed, with the tailgate down. A 10' trailer would be fine.

Tony - you're welcome to fly down and borrow my truck (8' bed) and if you want to go the trailer route I have a 18' trailer.

Update: if you can do it without the trailer, you may find that easier.

Last edited:
Lancef, got any pics of the loaded wings?

Glen, I might just take you up on that!

Back