What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lightspeed for Headsets

flightlogic

Well Known Member
Patron
There is another long thread about this topic. Takes a long time to read.
Mine is short. Lightspeed makes very well thought out headsets. They are quiet. The company will support them better than most avionics manuf. I have seen in 35 years. End of story. (I have no connection with the company)

There is another long thread about this topic. Takes a long time to read.
Mine is short. Lightspeed makes very well thought out headsets. They are quiet. The company will support them better than most avionics manuf. I have seen in 35 years. End of story. (I have no connection with the company)

.... I agree with this 100% and they have always stood behind their products. I have sent mine in a few times over the years and usually they didn't even charge me in spite of an expired warranty. Not to sound ungrateful, but my only complaint is with the price. I feel as if I should get at least two for the price of one. I, in my mind just can't see it costing as much as my top of the line I-Pad or the radio the headset is plugged into. I do love the headset! Thanks, Allan...:confused::D

Just bought one and am delighted with it. I've lost hearing in one ear and when I started having difficulty hearing approach, I didn't waste any time and put down the big cash.

In-ear passive headsets weren't an option as I have a hearing aid.

Anyway, seems like a good company; they make a fine product. The price pales in comparison to the price of not being able to hear approach telling me about the plane at my altitude opposite direction and two miles.

this question about support is going to be an ongoing and increasing one in all facets of flying.

After decades of equipment that never changed, we're now installing the latest whiz-bangy things from companies who can only stay in business by selling you more whiz bangy things to replace it, and by orphaning as many of their older products as they can.

Thread drift

In-ear passive headsets weren't an option as I have a hearing aid.

A friend's father has a hearing aid with a built in blue tooth receiver, which he uses for cell phone calls. Since the Zulu's can communicate with an iPad, I wonder if there is any way for them to communicate directly with your hearing aid?

A friend's father has a hearing aid with a built in blue tooth receiver, which he uses for cell phone calls. Since the Zulu's can communicate with an iPad, I wonder if there is any way for them to communicate directly with your hearing aid?

They don't need to. The headset is so good I've pretty much stopped wearing the hearing aid when I'm flying.

Lightspeed Rocks!

They're going to take care of me and fix my old headset after all. I apologize for any panic I might have spread with my doom and gloom thread... (see the update in that thread) it was a misunderstanding of how the email I received was worded, it's just only certain of the earliest hardware revisions of the original Zulu they may be having difficulty sourcing some replacement parts, not all revisions, and mine happens to be one of those specific oldest batches, but they're going to be able to repair it after all.

Lightspeed has definitely earned my continued business and fanaticism ;)

Last edited:
Been in email contact with Lightspeed some more... even if you have one of their very oldest headsets that needs repair, give them a phone call and talk to someone in person before you think the headset has reached the end of its life, They'll take care of you.

Last edited:
Lightspeed Customer Service +1!

Just got my original Zulu 1 back from Light speed and it's as good as new again. They even installed new earcup and headband cushions which I totally was not expecting. After I'd thought my earliest hardware version was done for, LS came through again. I can't see how they continue to offer such exemplary support long after the original warranty period is over, but they do it anyway. My faith in their products and service is so fully renewed that I intend to buy a new Zulu PFX directly from them at full price since I'm sure that will help to support their Lightspeed Foundation more than buying from a reseller. If you've not heard about the Lightspeed Foundation, I advise to look it up on the web... they support some very worthy causes and have their customers vote on who to award the grants. Good stuff indeed. See www.lightspeedaviationfoundation.org for more info.

As soon as I get my new PFX, I'll be sure to post a pirep.

Back