What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canada Alberta Edmonton Where t ofly into

jrm7997

I am in the process of planning two trips to the Edmonton area.

one to the south end of Edmonton. I was wondering what airport, FBO etc would be the best to accomidate an RV6A for a few days.

The second is the the Silven Lake area. There are a few grass strips around but would there be a friendly paved one or is one of the grass strips very nice? Any advice for landing my 6A?

Thanks in advance.

Red Deer CYQF is located SW of The city in Penhold, approx 20min from Sylvan Lake.

As for Edmonton hopefully someone local can speak up, CYEG international is south of the city but will be a little costly, there is also CZVL Villeneuve, CPL6 Parkland, and CEE7 Cooking Lake.

CEX3 -Wetaskiwin with a great air museum or CEQ3- Camrose both just south of CYEG airspace.

CZVL -Villenueve just NW and Cooking Lake is just east of Sherwood Park.

OR Just Land at CYEG (the international) and go to the Shell Aerocenter. $54 landing fee, but if you call ahead they can have a rental car and likely hangar space for a 6A

Last edited:
Thanks

Lots of good information. Unfortunately it seems to lead into the fact that I'm screwed for the Edmonton area re: aircraft friendly location.

Im good for Sylvia lake (thanks) and that should really do but I was thinking id like to get closer to my other cousin. Looks like Ill be paying a few dollars ( and I don't really begrudge that) to get closer.

I'll reply with more info if this works out.

Thanks again

Back