What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon roll servo install

Surfdoc

Attempting to attach the pushrod assembly to the servo arm. Hole "B" per installation instruction version I. I am finding that there is not sufficient thread coming through the nut on the backside. Any guidance on how to remedy. I tried thinner washers and contacting Dynon. I would attached a photo but have no clue how. Assembly drawing is on page 7 on the install manual.

I didn't have any issues

When I put my servo in earlier this year there weren't any hardware issues that I recall. There is the very tight AN3 bolt with a reduced head nyloc nut on the servo arm, but other than that just make sure you've got all the spacers and washers in the correct places. I bench fitted mine to get the layout, then transferred it into the wing.

There's a couple of loose nuts in this photo as I still had to play around with rigging etc, but you get the idea.

IMG_3785.jpg

Out of curiousity, is that the standard servo arm (Dynon SV32) or the SV32l Long output arm? Mine looks nothing like your set up. I do not have that amount of space for the bolt, thin raod and and washers.

Std Servo Arm

Out of curiousity, is that the standard servo arm (Dynon SV32) or the SV32l Long output arm? Mine looks nothing like your set up. I do not have that amount of space for the bolt, thin raod and and washers.

It's a standard servo arm, but an SV42 servo (which is about an inch longer in the body). For me it all seemed to fit OK, though safety wiring the bolts was a pain.

Back