What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Picture Question

rv7guy2

:confused:I may be dumb, but I don't think I'm stupid but I'm having a hellova time trying to figure out how to post pictures on this link. I have a bunch from the fly in on May 30th. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post them I have done a search on the forum's for "how to post pictures". Cut and paste doesn't work..moving a folder doesn't work..there are no "attachment" functions here. I have checked all over this site. but I'm coming up blank. Can anyone help?? Please??

Frustrated Dave

Posting Pics

Dave,

It took me a while last night to finally figure out how to post pictures.
I am using Picasa and the instructions that Doug has posted
didn't work for me.

Here is how I got it to work, and this works well with the low res pictures from my cheap camera. You might have to play around to get high res pictures to post at a proper size.

1. Upload your pictures to a public album on Picasa(google's free picture site)
2. From the page with your picture on it, right click and open picture in a
new window/tab. (I had to do this because the address is different when
it is open in it's own window).
3. Copy the URL.
4. In the reply window at VAF Forum message click on the insert picture
button.
5. Paste your picture's URL and click ok.
6. Preview your picture to make sure it works.

I tried several different ways, but this one is the only way I could make it work. Good Luck.

PM me if you can't make work, and we can do it over the phone.

Cut and paste doesn't work..moving a folder doesn't work..there are no "attachment" functions here.

Frustrated Dave

Correct, you do not cut/paste the actual photo, nor attach it.

What is done is to link to the photo, from a different website that has the photo in it. I use Picassa for hosting the photos.

I open a second internet connection (Firefox user) and then have the photos on one connection, and VAF on the other. Then I get the correct photo up on Picassa, right click in the photo, choose "copy image location" then switch to the other connection with VAF open, put the cursor where I want the photo, and then click the yellow box with the sun over the mountain. Then paste the link into the window that opens. Click OK, and that is all there is to it.

I open a second internet connection (Firefox user)

I hope you mean you open a second tab. There's no real reason to have a second connection. With tabbing, I don't even open a second window anymore.

:confused:I may be dumb, but I don't think I'm stupid but I'm having a hellova time trying to figure out how to post pictures on this link. I have a bunch from the fly in on May 30th. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post them I have done a search on the forum's for "how to post pictures". Cut and paste doesn't work..moving a folder doesn't work..there are no "attachment" functions here. I have checked all over this site. but I'm coming up blank. Can anyone help?? Please??

Frustrated Dave
Dave,

Very simple process...no need to overcomplicate.

#1. UPLOAD an image to an image hosting service, and there are many. I prefer TinyPic. http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload

#2. On TinyPic, after uploading your image you will be presented with a choice of four fields. (Before doing so, TinyPic now asks you to complete a simple word quiz to discourage spammers....no biggie.) Simply "copy" the information in the field that reads ''IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and then "paste" that code to your message.

That is all there is to it.

Note: It is important you copy ALL the code that TinyPic places into that field. If you omit a single character, the picture will not "take." For instance, some people leave out a bracket ( [ ) on either end of the code ( ] ) and then they wonder why the image will not appear. Do not make that common mistake and you will be fine.

I hope you mean you open a second tab. There's no real reason to have a second connection. With tabbing, I don't even open a second window anymore.

Yeah, I guess tab is a better description, as you can see I am a real computer literate type???

Additions to pics

I thought I would resurrect this old thread as I can't figure out how to add arrows, etc. to posted pictures as in this recent post.
916505597_8mhUH-L.jpg

Thanks...

I thought I would resurrect this old thread as I can't figure out how to add arrows, etc. to posted pictures as in this recent post.

Thanks...

Howdy Mark.

Fairly easy to do in an image editing program. On the simple side would be using Paint to draw on an existing image, which should be standard on any windows system. (Start->Accessories->Paint) Load the image, edit, SaveAs a copy, and then upload somewhere as described above. (And some Paint tutorials...although it's probably easier to just play around with it. Once you can draw lines and text in different widths and colors, you're pretty much set.)

http://www.pixlr.com is an interesting online photo editor as well...although there are others. (Although many others do all sorts of things, except don't have the basic "draw lines" options.)

Let me know or PM if you want more details. (Like an example of what you want to do to particular photo, etc.)

Last edited:
I thought I would resurrect this old thread as I can't figure out how to add arrows, etc. to posted pictures as in this recent post.Thanks...
Many of my posts include photographs that have been altered for illustrative purposes. It is very easy to do. Here's a quick tutorial on how to resize, crop, or otherwise manipulate any photo using the common Windows Paint program:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=38424

vdvts.jpg

Last edited:
Back