What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B uAvionix Ping EFB/iFly GPS Altitude Fix

springer

Well Known Member
Many of us are using iFly GPS with the small uAvionix Ping EFB attached for our ADS-B IN. For several months the target aircraft altitudes have been off by thousands of feet.

I brought this to the attention of uAvionix and Adventure Pilot (iFly GPS) months ago. Adventure Pilot has finally discovered the problem and the fix is going to Menu--->Setup--->Units of Measure--->and uncheck Pressure Altitude Support.

From the President of Adventure Pilot:

I believe this issue has been solved. The ping is sending an "Ownship" record indicating a 0' altitude. (I didn't even think the Ping was sending ownship as it doesn't have a GPS...but it is). This message is screwing with the calculations normalizing pressure altitude. It has been corrected in v11. In the meantime, you can get past this issue by touch Menu -> Setup -> Units of Measure, and uncheck "Pressure Altitude Support"

Walter Boyd
President, Adventure Pilot

That's very helpful, thank you. My iFly has been wonky this way, but ever since I put in ADS-B, I've been going off the target data displayed on my EFIS. It'll be nice to have them correlate.

Back