What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where did you get your seats? And do you like them?

RayJr

I was shopping for seats online and noticed one of the sites was quoting 10 month lead times. I think I need to get my butt in gear. I don't want to be sitting on milk crates for my test flight!

I'm further then 10 months out but I still am curious about the options and what are the best liked.

Thanks!

Also, feel free to attach photos of course

Classic Aero. 14yrs of hard abuse, 12hrs at a time in the seat many times and still amazed that our *** doesn't hurt. After all these years, we don't talk about our seats at all. We get in the "expensive" car for a 1hr drive and wish we were sitting in the airplane.

Every passenger brief, "Just stand dead center of the seat first."

Last edited:
RV-14A Seats

Ray,
I had Oregon Aero do my seats. I'm impressed with the workmanship. I'm not close to having to use them yet but I liked dealing with OA. I have headsets with OA cushions and they are comfortable. You need to be far enough along with your build that you can sit in the cockpit and have the canopy in place to see how high you need the seat elevated and not touch the canopy.
Cheers
John:)

Another vote for Classic Aero. I'm at 14+ years and 1800 hours on my seats, which has included a few 8-10 hour days in the seat. No complaints. They're comfortable, durable... they just work. Gray cloth in an RV-8.

+1 Flightline

I the bought interior for my -10 (2007ish) from Flightline and was well pleased so went there again for my 14. Comfort is great and they are always a pleasure to work with.

Looks like everyone likes their seats from all the different places. I guess you can't go wrong. Thanks everyone

A little different combo for me. I got the Classic Aero interior sans seats. I have a lower back issue and so got the Oregon Aero seats with Flightline interiors to do the leather. Classic worked with Abby for the color match perfectly.

All three companies do outstanding work. I yet to find a car/truck seat I can sit in for more than an hour without back pain. I always have to use an inflatable lower back pad as a minimum or various other things too for a 12 hr drive.

I used various means to test modifications to the Oregon Aero seat aided with some discussion with their ergonomics expert, (the real thing). Then, I sat at home in a seat buck for 2 - 3 hours at a time to test the changes. It took 30 days of test & recovery cycles, then Oregon Aero made the mods for free and even shipped it back free!!

While everyone was at 2021 AirVenture I spent 35 hours flying in 7 days and the seat is perfect for me. Many 4+ hrs at a time. Some back to back.

Regardless of which product meets your needs, these three companies are outstanding to work with based my experience. Very hard to go wrong.

Last edited:
Classic Aero Design

I went with Classic Aero Design Aviator seats
Leather with heated elements.
I can only say that like others, I attest to the quality, fit and comfort of the seats.
Top notch and Jereme is sweet to work with.
I recommend and would do business with him again!

Attachments

• IMG_5366.jpg
    IMG_5366.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_6659.jpg
    IMG_6659.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_6661.jpg
    IMG_6661.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_6662.jpg
    IMG_6662.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 152
Seems to me (as previously mentioned, everyone likes the seats they chose). Really I think it come down to style, they all look a bit different from each others so choose what style you like best. Btw, very happy classic aero customer here.

Back