What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Road trip by Air

joe_rainbolt

Well Known Member
California to Tennessee via Idaho in our RV-7A, with all the trials and tribulations expected from a trip with minimal planning.
Note that the picture below shows VMC over the entire country which is rare, but I assure you that this is not what I experienced on this trip.

ACtC-3eYAIf3TxiPKliO9WWJKT1zmSZ3W5SDLFZqiUns9UFrd4TWp0Ro86IPy7PPiXdvdPdcZ6TJ8cUTv-BLSihkGAg_-s5OmEyVTWXxe7-lAjChUpRv0ne3a_RR1H44F2PeiE7Kq266jJGEGfh4--HTNPULsQ=w1024-h768

The trip lasted 3 weeks and covered 6000 miles. All the details at: http://roughandreadyaerospace.blogspot.com/2020/12/road-trip-by-air.html

Still working my way through it, loving it so far. I love RV travel blogs almost as much as I love traveling in my RV-7. Favorite photo so far, you parked behind a Denny's Grand Slam the morning after :D

I love stories like this thanks Joe! A great memory refresh... Outlaw field, Smelterville :)

I enjoyed reading that trip report. Yes, it's a long taxi to the fuel pumps no matter which runway you use at Delta, UT.

Back