What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gascolator / sump screen?

WingnutWick

Well Known Member
Hi all - I couldn't find a part number on this guy but wondering if anyone recognizes it and whether or not it is supposed to have a screen inside it? Mine does not.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8751.jpg
    IMG_8751.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 376
I don’t have the model number, but that one looks right and I’m sure I bought it from Spruce. The screen is a flat metal (stainless probably) mesh and fits in the top section (not the bowl) of the unit.

From Aircraft Spruce.

Replacement gasket part number 06-00441

Replacement Screen part number 10543-1

Looks like the screen is there.. it’s above the rubber seal at the top.

I also see the screen in the top above the rubber gasket.

I purchased replacement screen and gasket / rubber seal from Aircraft Spruce. There were two different filter screens available. Either one will fit. I think I have the 74 micron filter on my airplane but also purchased the 120. Either one would work in my gascolator.

I also see the screen in the top above the rubber gasket.

I purchased replacement screen and gasket / rubber seal from Aircraft Spruce. There were two different filter screens available. Either one will fit. I think I have the 74 micron filter on my airplane but also purchased the 120. Either one would work in my gascolator.

It is a good idea to check the seal every condition inspection. My check is to make sure it is still pliable. One year it wasn't and my "bend test" turned into a "break in half" test.

Looks like the screen is there.. it’s above the rubber seal at the top.

Yes, you're not wrong....I'm just an idiot. The local mechanic led me to think that there was a bulb type screen and cognitive bias took place without realizing there was a screen in there. Some of these posts I wish I could go back and delete.

Back