What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3x back up camera

g zero

Well Known Member
I’m looking at installing a basic backup camera to the Garmin G3x 10” touch screen. What camera requirements are needed to do so ?

I’m looking at installing a basic backup camera to the Garmin G3x 10” touch screen. What camera requirements are needed to do so ?

Where are you going to mount it? Can you view it on your G3x? I thought only the VERB no longer produced could do that.

Video Input

Good Afternoon,

The GDU 4XX supports the following composite video input formats:

• NTSC “National Television Standards Committee” (J,M,4.43)
• PAL “Phase Alternating Line” (B,D,G,H,I,M,N,Nc,60)
• SECAM “Sequential Color with Memory” (B,D,G,K,K1,L)

You can find more information about the video input on page 26-23 of the G3X Touch Installation Manual.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Justin

Where are you going to mount it? Can you view it on your G3x? I thought only the VERB no longer produced could do that.

It’s going to be used on a retractable tail wheel , can’t put micro switches in this location but a backup camera might be the ticket to verification of Tailwheel retraction & extension

It’s going to be used on a retractable tail wheel , can’t put micro switches in this location but a backup camera might be the ticket to verification of Tailwheel retraction & extension

Great idea. Let us know how it turns out.

also..

You might also consider using proximity sensors to monitor retraction and connect them to a G3X discrete...

The taxi cam work great…..except the backup car camera I used is left is right and right is left. Dummy didn’t get one that can be front view. Easy enough to fix with a few bucks.

Last edited:
Video Input

Good Afternoon,

The GDU 4XX supports the following composite video input formats:

• NTSC “National Television Standards Committee” (J,M,4.43)
• PAL “Phase Alternating Line” (B,D,G,H,I,M,N,Nc,60)
• SECAM “Sequential Color with Memory” (B,D,G,K,K1,L)

You can find more information about the video input on page 26-23 of the G3X Touch Installation Manual.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Justin
Hi Justin,

Can you please advise on any small cameras other than the virb that would suit the GDU460? Ive tried a few and cant find any modern cameras that will work.

Back