What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another Andair Fuel Pump Failure

Jetmart

Well Known Member
40 hours on a new 7 series pump, plane sat for 5 days & now just getting beeping when I hit the fuel pump switch. Received pump from Van's in April of 2020 and first engine start May 2021, primed pump prior to running and did fuel flow test with fuel line disconnected at servo. Never ran pump dry.

I have read all of the posts on the issues. Wondering if anyone has been successful in repairing it that has not posted their experience on line yet? Planning on diving into it this morning.

I sent my pump off to Andair and waited several months. They poorly communicated and after multiple inquiries, did respond and repair of the pump.

I shortened the supply chain (for me) by replacing with an AFM pump after the second failure.

Steve and I along with several beta testers developed the Air FLow Performance pump retrofit package for the 14s. Way to many Andair pump failures were reported. The AFP pump has been used for years in many different experimental applications with excellent results.

Tom

40 hours on a new 7 series pump, plane sat for 5 days & now just getting beeping when I hit the fuel pump switch. Received pump from Van's in April of 2020 and first engine start May 2021, primed pump prior to running and did fuel flow test with fuel line disconnected at servo. Never ran pump dry.

I have read all of the posts on the issues. Wondering if anyone has been successful in repairing it that has not posted their experience on line yet? Planning on diving into it this morning.

It would be great from Andair to at least communicate as what is the cause of these type of failures. I had one version 7 that was also beeping and I sent it back to them, they repaired it and send it back but no words of the cause or what was the issue.

It would be great from Andair to at least communicate as what is the cause of these type of failures. I had one version 7 that was also beeping and I sent it back to them, they repaired it and send it back but no words of the cause or what was the issue.

That won't happen until/unless they come out with a new design - then they'll say "You talked and we listened! New design solves X-Y-Z failure mode problem on the previous version!"

Otherwise to say anything publicly would be to 1) admit there is a problem, and 2) they don't have a solution yet.

This is not a knock against Andair by any means - it's the MO of any corporation building any product.

I spoke to them on the phone today and sent the pump back to them. They promised a 1 day turn around on there end. It will be 2 days shipping each way. They are picking up all costs with no questions asked on purchase date, number of hours, etc. If I understood the issue correctly they had a bad batch of speed controllers. So far excellent customer service.
I'm giving it another try even after considering the Aircraft Specialty AFP upgrade.

Just wanted to close this thread. Fedex lost my pump being sent back to Andair somewhere in England. Once the delay was identified Andair immediately sent me a replacement pump which I received in 2 days. My experience was nothing but excellent service from Andair.

Just wanted to close this thread. Fedex lost my pump being sent back to Andair somewhere in England. Once the delay was identified Andair immediately sent me a replacement pump which I received in 2 days. My experience was nothing but excellent service from Andair.

Since you opened it you can close it. Go to advanced editing and you have the control!!

This is a great news and reassuring. I am experiencing an issue with a vendor that provides parts for our airplane and so far has been rather poor. I am holding my breath and hoping they do right by their customer and for now not mentioning the company's name just in yet.

Back