What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

? About wiring

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Hey all-

How much 5 conductor trim wire do I need to order to do the runs for both aileron and elevator trim in the RV7?

I’m getting ready to flip the canoe and looking ahead so I don’t end up dead in the water waiting for the UPS truck.

Four #22 conductor shielded wire is preferred as it is more durable. Use the shield as the ground wire.

As far as how much, just buy a 100’ roll from Stein as you will use it for other stuff like headphone jacks and serial cables.

Carl

I needed some more so I took a piece of it to my local electronics supply house and showed it to them. They had it in stock so I got what I needed from them. I do not know what resources you have close by but you might ask around.

It is my preference to run a 3 conductor and a 2 conductor shielded wire from the trim servo. The 2 conductor to the white power wires and the 3 conductor for the position sensing since they end up going to different places, switch or relay and indicator or ems.

Back