What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Flight Logging stopped working?

mcaf

I'm New Here
My Garmin G3X Flight Logging seems to have stopped working for the past 4 flights - I see all previous flights but not these past 4.

I don't know what could have caused this - I didn't touch anything on the G3X and the rest of it seems to be functioning correctly. I'm wondering if it could be out of memory somewhere? I looked in the G3X manual but didn't see this mentioned anywhere.

Any hints?

Thanks all!

Hi Mcaf,

If you can look in Configuration Mode on the G3X PFD, select 'Data Log' near the bottom of the page. Review these settings to be sure Data Logging is set to 'Enabled', and also that the 'Maximum SD Card Log Files' is set to an appropriate number, as it could be too low.

As always if there are any additional issues feel free to reach out to us at the contact information listed below!

Thanks,

Brad

Did the problem arise in early April? If so, check your date and time to see if they are correct. The GPS clocks rolled over in April, creating problems with some of our units, including flight logs. The solution is a software update.

Hello Mcaf,

You might also verify that your G3X (GDU 37X) software has been updated to V11.80 since that update dealt with a GPS date/time issue.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve - thanks so much for the suggestions. My software hasn't been updated yet - I'll try that and also try to check with Configuration Mode. Appreciate the quick help!

Did the problem arise in early April? If so, check your date and time to see if they are correct. The GPS clocks rolled over in April, creating problems with some of our units, including flight logs. The solution is a software update.

Hi Andy - thanks for the hint! Yes the problem did start early April - I'll try updating my G3X software (g3xpert on this thread also suggested the same, so I'm hoping this is the fix!)

Appreciate the quick help here!

Back