What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel tank leak

Reboot

I noticed that my fuel tank was leaking earlier this week. So being a new RV owner and very little experiance with sheet metal work, I did the obvious and removed the tank to see if I could find the leak.
I found the leak however it is beyond my ability to fix it. I do not have the tools required nor the experiance to fix it properly. The back lower seal has a couple leaks and I suspect it will need a few rivets replaced.
So I would appreciate some advice on locating someone to help fix the tank. Does anyone know a shop or mechanic that I could reach out to?
Mike

I had a slow leak in the left tank about three years ago. My A&P fixed it during the annual. Not sure if that helps. Keep in mind A&Ps know certified airplanes and not always our more delicate and ingenious RVs. So you'd want to find someone who is patient, meticulous, and careful. Hope this helps some.

There should be a bunch of RV people around where you live. If the tank is already off, that is half the battle!

Good luck and have fun with your new plane.

Mike, I did hear back from Steve at DKB. He will contact you next week regarding tank and other concerns.. Mark C.

Saint Aviation

Call Jesse Saint (VAF advertiser in FL).

He has a 6A & knows the plane well.

Tank fixed

Once I had teh tank off I decided to try and fix it myself. The fact that Noweep wanted $900 help in my decision. It took two tries but I got it sealed. Thank you everyone for your advise..

Back