What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 three blade prop & first time pics post

f0p8g9.jpg

pixs

I don't think I did the pictures exactly right but I will do better next time. I hauled the moose out in couple of trips. It was over 600 lbs of meat that I had to debone and pack out to the plane. Plus I landed in a river that wasn't exactly ideal. It was pretty awesome have a 67" moose strapped under the wings.
USA wrestling rocks. I started the club in our small town 2 years ago. my daughter in the picture was the state champ for the 65#ers in Wyoming 2 years ago.
The moose however was near my house in Alaska.
So anyone coming up next year is eating moose and salmon for dinner, sorry that's all I have.

vlad

Yes you did, better come back up this time hopefully the weather will be better and we will have some real fun.

I get back to Wyoming the first of January and have everyday to work on the rv10 till end of April so I hope to get it flying by then, still have the panel and all the wiring to do.

That prop

...is a thing of beauty. Put me on the list of waiting to hear about flight performance.

-Stormy

Bruce killed the Moose :D

How packed was the sand near the hunting grounds? Far from your place?

sd3e42.jpg

Last edited:
My ma used to make over a hundred pounds of moose meatballs for a dinner every year. Guys would clean them up and lunge for the last one.

Here is example of where a 14" spinner makes sense. Van's standardized all the kits with a 13" spinner - but I offer 14" makes more sense on an RV-10. That is what I'm running - but don't try this with a standard Van's cowl.

Carl

Is that prop a production model or a one-off custom? Ground adjustable or constant speed? I see nothing on their web site about such a unit.

The prop is a production model. Just call them they will give you all the info.
Not yet flying but the ones that are the reports are good about it.

Back