What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Desk Models

garrett

Quick question for you guys:

Has anyone out there actually purchased a custom desk model of their RV? Google tells me that there are at least a couple places out there that do this - the ones that looked the most reputable (at least judging by the websites, for whatever that's worth) are

Aircraft Extras: www.aircraftextras.com

Factory Direct Models: www.factorydirectmodels.com

Everything advertised on the websites looks nice, but I'm hoping to hear from someone that actually bought something from one of these companies before plunking down a few hundred bucks.

Thanks -
Garrett

Factory Direct Models did my Kitfox to extraordinary detail. They had not done a Kitfox before. They even matched my instrument panel and custom drop down throttle bracket.

Great model from FDM

A surprise Christmas present from my wife...FDM did a great job!

http://mightyrv.com/?p=3016

They even worked with the gentleman who helped us with the paint scheme to get the right paint codes.

Dave

Factory Direct Models did my Kitfox to extraordinary detail. They had not done a Kitfox before. They even matched my instrument panel and custom drop down throttle bracket.

They also did my KIS4 to extraordinary detail to include the instrument panel, joy sticks and seat belts. Three years later I changed the propeller from a 2 bladed Sensenich to a 3 bladed CATTO. They made a replacement CATTO propeller for the model that is an exact replica and perfectly true to scale.

:cool:

Love the job Factory Direct Models did on my RV-8. They've done each of the other 3 planes I've owned as well and they're all terrific.

image005-M.jpg

Back