What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X touch not connecting to ipad bluetooth

ALMARTON

Well Known Member
Folks does anybody had issues to connect iPad with G3X Touch through bluetooth?

I have 2 iPads and can't get either of them to connect. It connects and drops the connection in about 1-3 secs...

Thanks for any inputs on the subject.

Config module

Check your config module. The one that came with my g3x touch was not apple compatable. They have new ones now that are and will ship you one for free. How old is your system? IIRC ones shipped after jan or feb of this year have the new module.

Check your module if it is Apple compatible:

1. Activate configuration mode (press and hold the MENU key while applying power to the system).
2. Select ?System Information? page.
3. Highlight the ?PFD1? field in the device list.
4. Press the MENU key.
5. Press ?Check Apple Device Compatibility.?
6. When prompted to start the test, select ?YES.?

You should get a message "Apple Device supported" or "Apple Device Not Supported"

The G3X is only compatible with an Ipad 3 or newer, Ipad Air or newer or Ipad Mini with Retina or newer...

Just one data point:

I have the newer module and have had a functioning G3X Touch for many months. Just this week, my iPhone - which had been used many times before and was listed as a Connext device by the G3X Touch GDU - would not connect.

I finally achieved a connection after power cycling the GDU.

I'm working with G3Xpert to diagnose what I may have done to cause my problem, if there is an issue with my mobile device, or if there is something the G3X Touch can tell us.

Check your module if it is Apple compatible:

1. Activate configuration mode (press and hold the MENU key while applying power to the system).
2. Select ?System Information? page.
3. Highlight the ?PFD1? field in the device list.
4. Press the MENU key.
5. Press ?Check Apple Device Compatibility.?
6. When prompted to start the test, select ?YES.?

You should get a message "Apple Device supported" or "Apple Device Not Supported"

The G3X is only compatible with an Ipad 3 or newer, Ipad Air or newer or Ipad Mini with Retina or newer...

Thank you a lot KAI that was it, my G3X Touch replied Apple Device Not Supported" I will ask to send the module.

Many thanks this FORUM is amazing.

Doesn't the color of the config module signify its compatibility as well? Like green is a no-go, but black is good-to-go? My system was purchased back in October/November 2014, and had databases expiring in August 2014, but it also had a black config module that seems to work with my iPhone 6 - although I haven't verified that the latest iOS release works properly. Apple makes some boneheaded decisions that periodically breaks connectivity on previously functioning third party devices (like my UConnect in the Jeep, and my Bad Elf GPS - although both the car and the GPS are functioning properly now :)

What all are you able to do once the iPad is connected to the g3x touch? Just the Garmin app or is fore flight working now too?

Btw, it took only 3 days for a new module to be sent to me after talking to the G3Xpert team. This is amazing.

Pixelworker had a good question, anyone tried Foreflight connectivity with the G3X Touch? I only use the Garmin app and hear Foreflight is a little better.

It connects.

I'm not a ForeFlight user but the other day I launched ForeFlight to test the Stratux project. I forgot I had BlueTooth enabled on my iPad. ForeFlight immediately found the G3X.

I didn't try to do anything as my flight profile was to test the Stratux but it definitely was getting the connection.

Back