Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-8/8A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6rick View Post
I have a new/never used 'tall man' upper front seat back support (cross bar) for an RV8. Came new from Vans with Vans off white powdercoat, I was going to use it for an RV8 I built a few years ago.

It's tucked away in the basement with lots of other RV parts. If someone is interested make an offer .
Dang it! You Know I'm interested, But I don't have an RV-8 to put it into!
Old 09-27-2009, 12:49 AM

Folks,
I am building an 8 in Australia....I am 200cm(6'7") and 110kg(245lb) just working in the QB Fuse now. Bought the 8 because it was advertised as being suitable for very tall people.......
Purchased the so called "tall" option, seat-back weldment, but really not sure if it does enough.... seems to me it only lays the seat back about 1?"-2" - no change to legroom. Have installed a second seat hinge co-located with 805C (approx 1?" rearwards) which hopefully will give me the extra legroom required to be able to function. I will probably have to modify the seat-belt mounts (installed at factory) but nevertheless won't have much freedom to move once onboard.

Will be using IO360M and Hartzell C/S prop. Had hoped that the moving of the seat might assist slightly with CG issues - especially with preference to mount the battery on firewall rather than aft. Maybe not....
Would like to know of other's experience who have been there previously and would appreciate any input..

Todd,
I would like some info on the offset joystick, if you would be so kind, and also would like to know what you're referring to re- the "4 bar linkage"?
I agree about the panel being a bit close.

Regards to all.

RV8 QB - started June '09
First Flight - Apr 2018
Previous C172 Penn Yan 180hp (Sold)
Old 10-07-2009, 09:21 PM

'Tall Man' front seat back support has been SOLD.

Thanks for the inquires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6rick View Post
I have a new/never used 'tall man' upper front seat back support (cross bar) for an RV8. Came new from Vans with Vans off white powdercoat, I was going to use it for an RV8 I built a few years ago.

It's tucked away in the basement with lots of other RV parts. If someone is interested make an offer .

BRONZE, SILVER & GOLD LINDY AWARD WINNING RV's & Rockets

EAA Oshkosh Homebuilt Judge/Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor FAST Formation Flight Lead

Kitfox/RV4/6/7/8/9/10/12/14
6 RV10's
2 Time SunínFun Grand Champion
F1 Rocket #1 Oshkosh Gold Lindy Grand Champion!
F1 Rocket #2
Fastback RV8 Slider
RV14 #2 flying
RV10 #7 in progress

55 RV's & Rockets

WW Prop Dealer

Love my Pitts S1S