What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What else to do in OR and WA state?

magiccarpet

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi all

I will be in the Portland and Seattle area this spring. Beside visiting the mother ship and having a tour at the slightly larger aircraft factory in Everett, I still have another three days to fill with.

So, I am looking for some ideas in that area regarding aviation, or any other unique or exciting opportunities. Maybe there's also someone out there, who would like to take me for a ride in his RV.
Any ideas are welcome :)
Thank you!!

Mount Rainer, St Helens, Spruce Goose at museum near mothership, Boeing air/space museum, take a ferry ride. Just a few ideas.

WAAAM

Western Antique Airplane and Automobile Museum in Hood River, OR. A couple hours drive up the Columbia River Gorge. Very nice collection and a bit unusual in that many of the displays are on loan and not owned by the Museum, so the they are always changing.

Hi all

I will be in the Portland and Seattle area this spring. Beside visiting the mother ship and having a tour at the slightly larger aircraft factory in Everett, I still have another three days to fill with.

So, I am looking for some ideas in that area regarding aviation, or any other unique or exciting opportunities. Maybe there's also someone out there, who would like to take me for a ride in his RV.
Any ideas are welcome :)
Thank you!!

I did this trip and found a wife! Unique and exciting.

I have an extra seat if our schedules align and you would like an air tour out of KUAO.
Yes see the Spruce Goose and others at Evergreen in McMinville OR

Have you done transition training yet in the -12? You could work out a plan with Mike Seeger to fly in the morning and have afternoons free to explore.

A ust see

Western Antique Airplane and Automobile Museum, Do not miss this. Allow a day and don't forget the camera. You might want a boat ride or fly into Orcas Island

I'd love to give you a ride. Send me a message when you are in town and we will see if we can work it out. Certainly some of the most amazing parts of the U.S. to see by air.

RIDE the duck!

Chris, I almost made a suggestion to ride Amtrak up the Skykomish valley to Leavenworth, but then saw where you are from!!!! Trains and mountains?.....booooooooooooring!
Seattle/Portland is a pretty big 'area' to explore in 3 days. Perhaps some ocean stuff would be more interesting to you. ( thus the 'duck' reference in Seattle!)
are you on foot? car? rental plane? RV co-pilot? some would say a flight around Mt. Baker, St. Helens or one of the other stunning volcanic cone type mountains is a must-do!

I'll let more of the locals chime in here...........I'm just a tourist (from Canada) too!

Check out Multnomah Falls and the Fruit Loop if you're going near them. I hear Crater Lake is awesome but haven't seen it. Oregon's coastline was impressive to this Southern boy. (Be sure to see Canon Beach if you get to th coast.) John

Last edited:
thank you all

whouu you guys are amazing. Thank you so much everybody for your ideas, proposals and offering me flying opportunities. I am sorting out the deatils soon and I am sure I will have a great time.

Have you done transition training yet in the -12? You could work out a plan with Mike Seeger to fly in the morning and have afternoons free to explore.
That's exactly what I intend do too.

I have an extra seat if our schedules align and you would like an air tour out of KUAO.
Yes see the Spruce Goose and others at Evergreen in McMinville OR

I'd love to give you a ride. Send me a message when you are in town and we will see if we can work it out. Certainly some of the most amazing parts of the U.S. to see by air.
Thank you Bruce and Tony for the offer. If schedule fits then I would love to get a ride with you.

Trains and mountains?.....booooooooooooring!
Yes we do have lots of trains and mountains. I see both every day more than I wish ;-)

Back