What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another RV-14 flies....

Everyone, thanks ever so much for your support! We're putting together a nice little video about it. Watch the website.

BTW, put two more hours on it today. Engine's running great. Fly's nice and straight. Now the process of AOA and A/P setups and calibrations begin.

Thanks to everyone for your posts! It is very gratifying to see so many support all of the Van's Aircraft family.

I have 11 flight hours on 914VA. Everything is working well. Tomorrow she goes into the paint shop. We'll post picks on the website.

Great video and narration, Mitch!! I really like the taxiing shots with the camera in front of the plane. I've got a whopping 6.7 hours on my 9A so far, so that "first flight feeling" is still very alive. :D

Panel

I didn't recognize all the stuff in the panel. I assume it's the standard RV-14 panel supplied by Van's. Can anyone help me out?

I didn't recognize all the stuff in the panel. I assume it's the standard RV-14 panel supplied by Van's. Can anyone help me out?

Van's does not supply the RV-14 panel. They assume you will just pay someone to make it for you.

If you call Van's they will sell you, as an option, the three blank aluminum panel pieces.

Carl

AOA mount

Mitch,

Congratulations on a job well done!

Would you happen to have any photos of the AOA mount and wiring? I plan on using the same location for the AOA indicator and would love to see how you accomplished it.

Great Job and thanks for the motivational video!

Panel Questions

There is a document on Van's website called, "RV-14 Avionics Update" which mentions the three options available and who you can get them from, or you can do like I did and have someone else build the panel you want for you. I can strongly recommend Jason with Aerotronics if you go that route, they did a great job on my panel and helped me with the hundreds of questions I had. After the sale support is superb!

Good grief I gotta get on the ball!!!! Thanks for the awesome video. I stoked my fire. I might add that to my monthly list to rewatch and keep this thing moving.

Back