What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smoketown Airport Fly-In Aug. 8th

Infidel

Well Known Member
I'm not affiliated with this fly-in, other than being an attendee. It's one of the nicest small aviation gatherings I've attended. Just throwing this out here if anyone is looking for a nice fly-in this coming weekend. Usually, a lot of RV's show up.

Identifier: S37

http://www.smoketownairport.com

I second that!! A great fly-in but unfortunately for me it is about 15 minutes away from my home base KOQN. ;)

It's a great place to visit. Marlin's Fairchild is worth the flight. It's a masterpiece. It's also the base of the Lancaster Aero paint shop, which is painting more and more RV's.

Count me in!

I have never attended as of yet.

I plan on changing that this weekend!

Weather permitting, see you all there this saturday. I have another commitment on sunday, so i hope thenweather holds!

:cool: CJ

I'll be there. It's my favorite fly-in every year, and that may just be because of the free t-shirt!

And the great arrival photos of every plane!

Agreed! This is from last year.

DSCN3647.JPG

Super Day at Smoketown!

Wow, what a turn out this morning. With a half dozen planes in the pattern at any time, it was a bit hectic, but exciting at the same time. Excellent weather and a large turnout affirms that GA is still alive.

Jim Diehl 7A
Lock Haven, Pa.

Excellent fly-in! It was pretty crowded getting into the pattern but everyone seemed to line up well with good separation. Kinda made me wonder who the guy was that set the precedent with landing on 28 w/tailwind.:rolleyes:

I did see white Piper Cub run left off of the runway while landing, only to return to the runway and ground loop right and then ground loop left. Only one runway light casualty. After the 2nd loop, he finally got stopped and immediately taxied to the end of 28 and got the heck out of Dodge.

Back