Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7A Flyer View Post
Take *any* car into Mexico...when I was in college, we used to just factor in the 20 bucks to "tip" the federales at the border when we drove to Rocky Point.

Given the fun we had on spring breaks there, it was worth every penny .
I made numerous donations to the local hospital driving to Rosario beach in college. Weird they had motorcycle cops collecting the donations!
Old 03-02-2021, 07:09 AM

Please stay on topic.

This thread is important to those who care about flying to Mexico.

If you have new updated information regarding this, great. But there is no need to hear about anecdotal stories obout rental cars and motorcycle cops.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
That was then, this is now.
Remember, stereotypes die hard. Some people in other nations are convinced that Americans are Racist Bigots. Doesn't mean we all are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gash View Post
I fly to Mexico all the time with Myron on Flying Samaritan trips. I go in my certificated spam can Piper Saratoga though, so haven't had to think twice about any experimental aircraft issues.

I can tell you that the paperwork can seem daunting at first, simply because they are foreign procedures. So I understand the concerns of pilots new to Mexico flying. I was in your shoes before. But it's basically a once-per-year thing, and after you have the multi entry permiso, subsequent trips are not administratively onerous. I absolutely love flying there. Checking in/out at a port of call is no big deal, and totally worth it in my humble opinion.
My recommendation is to use a local FBO or handler the first time you go. Once you learn the procedures then you realize, just like the US, it isn't that big a deal.

2022 Donation made
www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com

Last edited by GalinHdz : 03-02-2021 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalinHdz View Post
Remember, stereotypes die hard. Some people in other nations are convinced that Americans are Racist Bigots. Doesn't mean we all are.
Graft and bribes are well known issues in Mexico. Pointing it out isn't racism or bigotry.
AFS 5400/3500, G5, IFD440 navigator,
bunch of other stuff
Old 03-02-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Graft and bribes are well known issues in Mexico. Pointing it out isn't racism or bigotry.
This is not an appropriate forum.
2022 Donation made
www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com
Old 03-14-2021, 03:28 PM

Default Bears in Mexico

Iíve flown to MMGM many times. Always a pleasant experience. Professional airport personnel every time that make it easy to return. The BBP organization is working a solution right now to allow EXP aircraft entry and exit from Mexicoís airports. If you feed the bears they wonít rely on their own ability, so donít feed the bears.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:22 PM

Default BBP needs your help

I received a request to post the following in reference to the BBP.

Bush Pilots International <membership@bushpilotsinternational.com>

Experimental Aircraft Update, Critical Request

As indicated in my Forum post yesterday, we are moving forward with Mexico regarding authorizations for Foreign Experimental Aircraft to fly in Mexico.

It was indicated in our first meeting that Mexican law does allow for procedures to accept non-certificated aircraft in Mexico and although in the past, this was allowed without special permission, now legal procedures must be established and completed for this to continue....

One huge question was the volume and kind of foreign aircraft that wish Mexican authorization.
In order to give a valid estimate, I am requesting that anyone who wishes to fly to Mexico in a non-Certificated aircraft provide me the following information. Please understand that this information is non-committal and only will be used by Mexico to determine the need for this special procedure:

1) Type of non-certificated aircraft (Fixed wing, Rotating wing, Paraglider, Delta wing, Glider)
2) If Kit, Make (Manufacturer)
3) Model of Kit (Example RV-6)
4) Who Assembled the aircraft (Owner, Third Party, unknown)
5) Year aircraft was first flown (Yep, put in a date)

Please provide the above information by number in your reply as well as any other information you wish to provide and we will tabulate and present to AFAC.

I need to have this information put together and presented by this Friday, March 19.
You need to do your part. This Alert is going to some 9,000 current and past current BBP Members.

Letís get this thing put together, accepted, and get experimental aircraft back into Mexico.

Jack@bbp

You have received this message because you are a member of, or have purchased insurance from Bush Pilots International. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please call us at 480-730-3250, or email us at membership@bushpilotsinternational.com

Jim Diehl 7A
Lock Haven, Pa
Old 03-14-2021, 10:07 PM

I just replied to the email supplied.
Thank you
Old 03-15-2021, 06:48 AM

DONE!!! I hope it helps.

2022 Donation made
www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com
Old 03-15-2021, 08:50 AM

Reply sent. Hopefully this will clear the waters a bit.
Thanks,
David
Roseville, Ca