- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 08-31-2021, 04:30 PM

Default Enjoying my Lemke interior

It has been almost a year since I installed my Lemke interior. I have the low-back seat backs with a single manual lumbar support in each seat along with heat. So far, the interior is wearing nicely and as comfortable after about 80 hours as the day it was installed. Highly recommend Lemke…you will not be disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2400E89A-EEF9-40F4-963D-2C8427740ED9.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	15297  
RV-7 #72497
Lycoming IO-360-M1A, Catto 3-blade,
Dual GRT HX, Garmin 530W, SL30, GTX327
TruTrak II VSGV, EchoUAT
2022 Dues (Plus) Paid
Old 09-01-2021, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileron1999 View Post
How do the side panels attach? Did you use the vans seat frames or does Lemke make their own. Also can they accommodate the JD air lath? It looks great!!

Eric
He has templates for the JD latches. He wrote me yesterday.
fuselage kit (finished)
finish kit (shipped)
QB wings (under construction)
Old 09-02-2021, 06:32 AM

Default Customs wait times?

How long has everyone been waiting recently for their shipment to clear customs? Mine's been in the New York customs facility since August 17 and that place appears to be a black hole with information. I'm not in an urgent need for my seats but it would be nice to at least know when to expect them...
Old 12-28-2021, 01:23 PM

Just ordered a set for my RV8. Lead times are around 7months. Prices are comparable to others in USA. Owner is very easy to communicate and quick with reply for questions and concerns.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:32 PM

Default Lemke Interior

I have make a couple of flights of 2 hours plus with my RV-7A Lemke Interior. Seats are really comfortable and the pump up lumbar support works well. I have made some changes to the interior side panels to replace the cardboard formers with kydex (0.028 thickness) and used aluminum screws and posts to replace the steel furniture fasteners. Very straightforward to do - took quite a bit of weight out but more importantly got rid of the flammable cardboard. The other advantage is the kydex is easily formed with a hot air gun which makes fitting much easier. I will forward the details to Robert so those of you ordering now can get the advantage of using Kydex in the side panels.

KT
Old 01-18-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keitht View Post
I have make a couple of flights of 2 hours plus with my RV-7A Lemke Interior. Seats are really comfortable and the pump up lumbar support works well. I have made some changes to the interior side panels to replace the cardboard formers with kydex (0.028 thickness) and used aluminum screws and posts to replace the steel furniture fasteners. Very straightforward to do - took quite a bit of weight out but more importantly got rid of the flammable cardboard. The other advantage is the kydex is easily formed with a hot air gun which makes fitting much easier. I will forward the details to Robert so those of you ordering now can get the advantage of using Kydex in the side panels.

KT
Hi Keith,
Can you confirm u used 0.028 thickness. That is only 0.7 mm. Is that thick enough. I have to make some adjustments too and was wondering. I have not worked with Kydex before.
Chairman NVAV (EAA chapter 664 - Dutch experimental aircrafts builders)
Member EAA
Member AOPA
Old 01-27-2022, 12:49 PM

Default Kydex

Yes, I used 0.028 kydex for the side panels. I did add a strip of 0.032 T3 across the top and bottom of the pockets to provide more stiffness across the pocket area. I replaced the furniture fasteners with aluminum folder binder fasteners from amazon secured with locktite. I formed some of the other interior side furnishings with a heat gun before final assembly with kydex and they fit really well. I reduced the weight of the interior side furnishings by almost 50% by removing the automotive hardboard and furniture fasteners. I am still very happy with purchasing the seats and interior through Lemke - the quality of their sewing and stitch work is exceptional. Just wish I had had the opportunity to specify kydex for the form material for the side panels.

KT
Old 02-18-2022, 04:13 PM

Default No changes needed

Just received my Lemke interior for my 30 year old plans built 6A. Nothing changed, fit like a glove. Couple pics attached. Great quality and price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4B64923E-E22B-4B75-82A9-AF813B726831.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	644.9 KB
ID:	22406  Click image for larger version

Name:	5D09285C-D11F-43CD-8AD0-2E20E0888FC4.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	718.7 KB
ID:	22408  Click image for larger version

Name:	8D87C7CF-2FED-4B5B-AFCF-B78A7E5A1753.jpeg
Views:	64