What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel tanks

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I wish I would have buffed the rivet lines for the ribs, j channel and stiffners before dimpling. I think it would have done a better job, been much easier to do and much quicker to accomplish.
One tank is ready for pre cover inspection (Canada), the last one is ready to Proseal the ribs in.

tank flaps

Hello there, I nearly went ahead and installed the baffle when i realised that here in Canada ALL enclosed areas must be inspected.

On a side note I have installed the flap on the inboard rib and I have used pop rivets to fix the upper piano hinge to the rib, the lower piano hinge i used AN426 3-4 so the flap would close against the rib hole.

My question is how did you affix the upper piano hinge? Do you think the pop rivets a good idea?

It would seem that you are refering to perhaps an RV-7, if so re-posting your question on that thread would probably get your answer as I am not familiar with the RV-7 construction.
Ron

Back