What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seatbelt attachment to RV-7 and Firewall

Two pending issues for me and my new 7. I was told I need to purchase an inverted bracket ( may not be called this) to attach the crotch strap to the aircraft frame. Does anyone know if this is the case and what it is called? Will try Vans if i dont hear back from this post.

I was also advised to purchase a firewall - to stop heat etc in cockpit. Is this necessary and does it provide an enhanced safety feature if fixed to aircraft?
Paul

Two pending issues for me and my new 7. I was told I need to purchase an inverted bracket ( may not be called this) to attach the crotch strap to the aircraft frame. Does anyone know if this is the case and what it is called? Will try Vans if i dont hear back from this post.

I was also advised to purchase a firewall - to stop heat etc in cockpit. Is this necessary and does it provide an enhanced safety feature if fixed to aircraft?
Paul

You are looking for a crotch strap kit. Van's sells them for $32 each, last item down on this page. You'll need two. Before you buy, you might want to check with Van's. They weren't supplied with my kit, but it may be that they are now.

As for the firewall, surely your adviser must have been referring to firewall insulation. The kit comes with a firewall.

Hey Lars
yes a little unclear from my side - I am talking about a firewall 'blanket' to help with keeping heat and noise of engine out of cockpit

Back