What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Flight Instructor--via an RV!

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
This week Austin Malcomb got his CFI! Austin started out with me in an Eagle's Nest Project, and helped build the plane in which he soloed--and in which he got his Private Ticket. He did the first on his 16th birthday, and the second on his 17th. He now is at Purdue and has gotten his Commercial, Instrument, Multi-Engine, and Seaplane ratings. This week it was time for his CFI, and he made it!

Austin now mentors (part time, he is at Purdue!) with the AviationNation Project at North Vernon, IN. His father and grandfather own the RV-12 he helped build, 901EN, and he flew it down to take his check ride. Most of his hours are in the RV-12. So, if you are looking for RV-12 transition training, he just might be your guy.

We are mighty proud of Austin. His accomplishments are indicative of what going through a build project does for you. I expect he will be the first of many to go that far in aviation, and he isn't done yet.

If you are interested in getting an AviationNation Project in your area, contact me. Aviation needs this, and kids need aviation.

Bob

Awesome story. My Wife and I are both products of Purdue' Av-Tech program class of 02 and 04.

Maybe a Black and Gold RV would be cool...hmm

check rides

How do you find someone to do a check ride in a E-LSA RV-12? Locally they will only do in traditional Pipers and Cessnas. Thinking of getting my CFI to train my children in my plane.

Back