What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Family flight for supper.

TroyBranch

Well Known Member
Friend
Saturday was looking like a great day to go flying. The plan was made to go for supper in Lacombe and invited whom ever wanted to go. The flight is about 45 minutes from our home base. Ended up with 8 people and a wonderful evening of good people and family time. Here is a video of our adventure. Hope you enjoy it. It was a fun day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRNbCPOLNoU

Troy,
What a great video!! I really enjoyed watching it.

Loved it when your daughter asks "how do you turn the camera?"
and you say as fast as you can "don't touch it!". Lol

Thanks for sharing.

You sound like Dan Aykroyd with your Canadian accent:)

You're "living the dream" as they say.

Mark

Troy,
Great video! You have given your family a great gift. Really loved to see how much fun they are having. Especially liked how your daughter related what she learned in school to what she was seeing out the window. Wish there was a way to get every kid the same experience.

Safe flights!

Nice video and trip. Looks like our typical flights. I use the crew isolate occasionally for takeoff and landing too.

How do you like the "simple dimming" on our G430's?

How do you like the "simple dimming" on our G430's?

Its right at the front of the menu, only 10 steps deep! LOL

There must be a way to set how much it dims when it goes into night mode. I always have to turn it down more.

The kids love to have a destination when flying, and they always ask for some zero g's on every flight.:D

They are very fortunate, my dad had to give up his license for us kids as we came along. I am making sure I give them what I wish I had. Flying is just so great and I love taking my Dad flying. Just wish he was closer than the other side of the country.

I am trying to raise them so they know how lucky they are to have this. They are old enough now to realize that buidling planes and flying them is not really "normal".:)

Its right at the front of the menu, only 10 steps deep! LOL

There must be a way to set how much it dims when it goes into night mode. I always have to turn it down more.

The kids love to have a destination when flying, and they always ask for some zero g's on every flight.:D

They are very fortunate, my dad had to give up his license for us kids as we came along. I am making sure I give them what I wish I had. Flying is just so great and I love taking my Dad flying. Just wish he was closer than the other side of the country.

I am trying to raise them so they know how lucky they are to have this. They are old enough now to realize that buidling planes and flying them is not really "normal".:)

10 steps...LOL sounds about right. I too rarely just go flying around the airport because my wife and kids like the destinations. We flew 3.0 hrs round trip two weeks ago for lunch and some fishing. Fishing poles fit nicely between the seats, just watch for those hooks and don't turn the heat up too much on the fish. Do your kids ask you several times along the way, "How much longer?" I think they are learning where to look for the numbers on the GRT now and listen for the power decrease/radio chatter.

What a sweet video!

Great family, great plane, great Dad/pilot. It was so sweet, I just had to see it twice. Surely this is the highest and best use of a 10.

Growing up flying

I built my Long-EZ when my boys were in diapers and had a Navion for flying the family places. They told me years later that it wasn't until they were in high school did they figure out not everyone flys. It was all "normal" for them. It is a great gift to expose your children to so they know flying and all that goes with it can be normal.

Back