What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

South African maps for the iPad?

pierre smith

Well Known Member
I was contacted by a young South African guy who worked for me last summer and he just bought an iPad and would like a map app for South Africa.

I told him that I use SkychartsPro but doubt that they'd have SA maps.

So, what do the rest of you Afrikaners use down there?

Thanks,

SA Maps

How about Easyplan, they have recently launched an App for iPad and iPhone.I think the full version costs a few Rand but he can download the trial first and see if it will suit his needs. Just go to App Store and search for EasyCockpit. Hope this helps!!

Flight Planning and Charts for South Africa

Here in Europe perhaps the most popular flight planning system and charts for IPAD is Sky Demon.

They also have charts for South Africa.

There is a 1 month free trial so it is easy and inexpensive to check it out.

Here is the link

http://www.skydemon.aero/

Barry RV6A F-PRVM

A brilliant product to use is VFR planner - can download from website - it is inexpensive and has great WX detail and works great on ipad3 - clear mapping and great local product

Thanks a lot guys, Lardus came over here to go to Flying Tigers ag school in Louisiana and return to fly ag with his Dad, also in Air Tractors but he first worked here, loading airplanes for NO pay, for a month! We just gave him room and board and he's a real gentleman as well.

Thanks all you guys,

Back