What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Columbus IN

A5555

Well Known Member
Great breakfast at Hangar 5, Columbus IN (KBAK). I had to wait 15 minutes for a seat because it was packed. I had the Tomahawk... hash browns, sausage, green chilli, eggs over easy, cheese, with good toast. It rivals the enchiladas breakfast omelette at Hesperia CA airport cafe I had a couple of times. Columbus also has a free WWII museum that is good for what it is. Gas at Columbus was $3.90.

IMG_20170311_095501_zpsmrsbb1ts.jpg

KBAK huh? Free WWII Museum? Thanks Steve. Now I have a perfect destination for Sat December the 3rd (or 9,16,23,30th) :D

Hangar 5

Steve, Was there also this morning and it was packed and like always great food. Our flying group of 12 flew up from Huntingburg. Did not fly my RV8A today a good friend from EVV stopped by HNB with this Cessna 185 and I caught a ride. We checked out your blue/white RV9A on the ramp before we departed. Very nice.

OK Steve, either that is a huge plate of eggs and hash browns, cheese, or that toast is child taster size!

Makes me hungry!

I have a hangar on the field and am in the final stages of an -8 build, if you come back for breakfast again let me know, would be glad to host.

Not a good time for breakfast (in fact the Hangar 5 is closed at that time,) but this would be a great destination if you want to see our kids building an RV-12 at Columbus North High School. By next fall we will be finishing up on the airport, but the build at the school is a lot of fun to watch. Monday and Wednesdays, 3:30 to 5:30. Spring Break is coming up, so contact me first. We love to have guests, and have a fly-in guest almost once a week. We provide transportation. This is of course an AviationNation project! 8 one two 701 five four five four.

Bob

Last edited:
Steve, did you see the picture I took of you when you came to Delphi IN??

Great breakfast at Hangar 5, Columbus IN (KBAK). I had to wait 15 minutes for a seat because it was packed. I had the Tomahawk... hash browns, sausage, green chilli, eggs over easy, cheese, with good toast. It rivals the enchiladas breakfast omelette at Hesperia CA airport cafe I had a couple of times. Columbus also has a free WWII museum that is good for what it is. Gas at Columbus was $3.90.

IMG_20170311_095501_zpsmrsbb1ts.jpg

Steve, did you see the picture I took of you when you came to Delphi IN??

Paul Ruley

thx Paul, I have it now. I really need to get the tail painted. I think that is real flex in my prop. Nice shot. You were a brave soul to get that picture. Some xwind that day. Good luck on your first engine start! Steve

StevesRV9A_zpsullsvm2s.jpeg

I heard that the restaurant was being remodeled, but still open. Anyone know when the remodeling should be complete?

Could've sworn they said end of March last time we were down there, but not sure. I'll see what I can find out.

BTW - I tried emailing you via the email link, Bob (re: the email list for you guys with -10s in OH) - not sure if you got it. My email is tmshort at gmail dot com

I had breakfast there this morning, and they say they will be back upstairs Friday. The food in the basement is the same, but the view isn't nearly as good...

Back