Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 01-19-2022, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Minnis View Post
Not an install into a RV but I too have a 200B doing this same exact thing. Mine seems to work fine for about 20-30 minutes then starts doing the same thing you guys describe. I'm an avionics guy and have checked all the usual things. I have eliminated headsets, antennas, grounding, interference with other electrical components etc. Makes me nervous about flying in controlled airspace because I would have missed calls for sure.
I wish there was a known good loaner 200B I could try on my next flight. I'm happy to loan my known bad one out.
I might add, my setup is a G3X, GTX 335 and GTR 200B. I do not have an autopilot controller or IFR Navigator. For an antenna I am running a Comant on the bottom.
Hi Eric,

Dan and I have both tried brand new 200ís, and got same results, so I wouldnít bother. You are now unfortunately the 4th person experiencing this problem. Garmin has stopped responding to our emails and told me yesterday when I called that Dan and I are the only ones reporting the issue.

Feel free to PM me if you want and I can add you to our group text to share troubleshooting ideas.
AUO
Old 01-19-2022, 06:54 AM

Have you guys verified there is no pin in #5, thatís the interlock input (desense).

EXP Aircraft Services LLC
Specializing in RV Condition Inspections, Maintenance, Avionics Upgrades
Dynamic Prop Balancing, Pitot-Static Altmeter/Transponder Certification
FAA Certified Repair Station, AP/IA/FCC GROL, EAA Technical Counselor
Authorized Garmin G3X Dealer/Installer
RV7A built 2004, 2000+ hrs, New Titan IO-370, Bendix Mags, MTV-9 prop
Website: ExpAircraft.com, Email: walt@expaircraft.com, Cell: 972-746-5154
Old 01-19-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
Have you guys verified there is no pin in #5, thatís the interlock input (desense).
Hi Walt,

Yes i have verified that on mine. Pin 5 is empty.
AUO
Old 01-19-2022, 08:57 AM

Default GTR 200 Software Revision

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3xpert View Post
We are taking a look at a radio from one of the problematic installations, to try and recreate the reported issue. We will pin down whether it is a configuration/setting issue, an installation issue or an equipment issue. At this time we do not know exactly what the problem is so we do not have any guidance for resolving the issue. We will make sure to respond here when we have everything sorted out.

Thanks,

Justin
We have been working throughout the holiday period, and into the first of the year, to recreate this issue. We were able to at least in part replicate the reported behavior, and subsequently improve performance of the GTR 200 through a software revision. Additionally, we've implemented some software based improvements to the monitor mode function.

We're currently working through flight testing of the software revision, when that testing is complete, the update will be made available to the field. We will leave an update on this thread when the software is available for download.

Thanks,

Justin
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-mike View Post
I think the question is ďdid you inadvertently connect the 200B desense lineĒ? (TX interlock)

It would be incorrect to utilize it for a single radio install, and really bad to hook it to a continuously operating transponder (or hard tie it to ground).

Itís pin5 on the 200.
Pin 5 is empty
Old 01-19-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
We have been working throughout the holiday period, and into the first of the year, to recreate this issue. We were able to at least in part replicate the reported behavior, and subsequently improve performance of the GTR 200 through a software revision. Additionally, we've implemented some software based improvements to the monitor mode function.

We're currently working through flight testing of the software revision, when that testing is complete, the update will be made available to the field. We will leave an update on this thread when the software is available for download.

Thanks,

Justin
Awesome Justin! Glad to know at least we werent crazy. Thanks for update!
AUO
Old 01-19-2022, 10:02 AM

I have verified pin 5 is empty as well. FWIW- my entire wiring harness was built by Stein and has been flawless.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:

Thanks,

Justin
Best news Iíve heard all day. Hopefully this fixes the problem. Thanks Justin
Old 01-26-2022, 08:46 AM

Default GTR 200 Software 3.40

GTR 200 Software version 3.40, which includes the improvements made to address the issues raised in this VAF thread, has been released to the GTR 200 Software Download area today. This software version will be included in the next G3X Touch software package, but until then, the GTR 200 can be updated individually using this link.

Instructions for updating software on the GTR 200 can be found on page 3-20 of the P Revision of the GTR 200 Installation Manual.

Thanks,

Justin
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
GTR 200 Software version 3.40, which includes the improvements made to address the issues raised in this VAF thread, has been released to the GTR 200 Software Download area today. This software version will be included in the next G3X Touch software package, but until then, the GTR 200 can be updated individually using this link.

Instructions for updating software on the GTR 200 can be found on page 3-20 of the P Revision of the GTR 200 Installation Manual.

Thanks,

Justin
Thanks Justin! Sure hopes this solves the problem. Fingers crossed!
AUO