What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any people in Houston with RV's?

rv7texan

I'm New Here
I want to start work on a 7 or 7a sometime in the near future and in the mean time I am helping a friend and his dad build a 10. We're just getting started with shop preparations and such. Anyone nearby want to show off their RV, completed or not, and offer a few pointers to us newbies?

RV builders group meeting this Saturday at 11:30 at the Runway Grill on the LaPorte airport grounds. Come on over.

William Slaughter
RV-8QB

Hi Jeff,

What part of town do you live in? I'm on the west side, your more than welcome to come and look at my project.

Jim.
281 610 8989

Hi Jeff,
If possible come on out to the get together William mentioned. It's a very informal gathering once a month that rotates between several Houston airports. Diana and I are planning to fly our -8A over tomorrow. If you can't make it tomorrow, there are a few RV's at West Houston Airport(IWS).

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Your profile says that you're in LaPorte, so you're not far from me in Nassau Bay. You're welcome to check out my -8 project, but we're currently planning on the "big move" from workshop to airport (Pearland Regional) in a week or so. Of course, you'll be welcome to check it out there as well!

Paul Dye

Thanks for the replys! I'll try to get to La Porte tomorrow!

I work downtown and get off about 12:45 and I could be there by 1:20 or so. I'll try to bring my buddy that is going to build the 10. Hope a few of you are still around!

Thanks for the hospitality!!

A great bunch of folks here in Houston!! Look forward to seeing ya'll at future meetings!!

William Slaughter said:
RV builders group meeting this Saturday at 11:30 at the Runway Grill on the LaPorte airport grounds. Come on over.

William Slaughter
RV-8QB

Is information on the group available on the Internet?

Thanks,
Chas.

Charles L. Cotton said:
Is information on the group available on the Internet?

Thanks,
Chas.

Charles, the group is very loosely organized. We mainly just get together for lunch at 11:30 local time and BS a little and discuss building issues and progress. If possible, we then go look at some finished or in progress RVs on the airport.

We have a continuum of attendees from flying builders to dreamers, so, no matter where you are in the process, don't be intimidated about coming. If you have a significant other, bring her along as well. The meeting places usually rotate around a half-dozen or so airports in the Houston area.

Check out the HoustonRVBuilders group on Yahoo groups about 4 to five days before the third Saturday of each month to determine at which airport we will be meeting. Then come on out. We even let first-timers buy lunch for everyone :) Just kidding, it is pay your own way.

See you on the 17th.

Back