What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rocky Mountain Renegades to fly at OSH

bobmarkert

Well Known Member
The Rocky Mountain Renegades recently got ?the call?. We will be performing at AirVenture in Oshkosh this year. Our team is made up of 5 RV-8s, one RV-4, and a Giles 202. This is also the year that the IAC will be featuring the Giles at Oshkosh. We?re all looking forward to seeing the view of the grounds at the top of a loop inverted!!!!

Here is a link to our video page that has a short 60 second ?Sizzle Video? and a longer 5 minute video.

http://www.rmrairshows.com/videos.html

Enjoy
Bob

Congrats! Glancing at the field on the 1st inbound leg with all the people and planes on the background is awesome for those few milliseconds scanning between reference point to reference point. Godspeed.

Enjoy it!

No matter how many shows you fly in there is nothing to prepare you for the feeling you?ll get when you hear the airboss at Oshkosh call you and say, ?cleared in, the box is yours?
It?s like nothing else to be able to perform for your peers.
Cherish the moment.

7672021456_6920d41077_b.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations guys! That?s awesome. It?s great to have such a wonderful group represent the RVs at Oshkosh. I?m looking forward to watching you guys perform.

Great news! I've been watching you guys for years. Graduating from a formation team to formation aerobatics is a big step. Even bigger if you consider the high density altitudes at your home base. Don't gag on the heavy air at Oshkosh! :D A well deserved invitation to the the big show. Congratulations.

Last edited:
Congratulations guys! That’s awesome. It’s great to have such a wonderful group represent the RVs at Oshkosh. I’m looking forward to watching you guys perform.

The January Sport Aerobatics magazine with your plane on the cover is sitting on my desk.... well done.
Wizard

Last edited:
Great news! I've been watching you guys for years. Graduating from a formation team to formation aerobatics is a big step. Even bigger if you consider the high density altitudes at your home base. Don't gag on the heavy air at Oshkosh! :D A well deserved invitation to the the big show. Congratulations.

We flew an airshow at Salida CO last year. Sitting on the runway my G3X reported the DA at 11,100' !!! Over the top in formation on Chris Murphys wing took a peek at the DA... 12,600. Gimme some of that thick air :)

KOSH airshow

Congratulations gents! A huge deal. Last year I flew my nephew and family for their first light plane trip, over to BJC, to watch you guys. They're all hooked! I was very impressed as well. Can't wait to see you at the "big show". Best of luck.

Back