What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fourth Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's - June 18th

bullojm1

Well Known Member
Fourth Annual Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's - June 18th

For the fourth consecutive year, EAA Chapter 1384 is sponsoring the Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's at the Carroll County Regional Airport (KDMW - Westminster, MD) on Saturday, June 18th (Rain Date - Sunday, June 19th). The event will start at 0930 and go until 1500.

Food and Drinks will be available, along FUN FOR EVERYONE! The event has been a GREAT SUCCESS the last three years (see threads http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=99800. www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=112928 and http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=128715).

Gathering2016-1.jpg

Hope to see a bunch of VAF'er there!!! More details to follow!

Last edited:
Next weekend is the 4th Annual Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's (and friends). RV's and all other aircraft are invited to attend. EAA Chapter 1384 will provide food for Free with donations gladly accepted. Hope to see a bunch of RV's there!

The 4th Annual Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's is a short 5 days away!

Free Food, Friends and Planes?.What could be more fun than spending a few hours of your day sharing your passion with like minded people. Come see some of the finest Experimental Aircraft in the Mid Atlantic. All types of planes welcome?Bring an Appetite for food and camaraderie! Arrivals begin at 09:30-15:00. Yes, door prizes will be given! Donations Accepted.

Myself and another 14A builder will be there as spectators only... several years most likely before we can fly in.

Mike/CJ,

I hope you have a great event and an even better time. I wish I could make it, perhaps next year.

For any RV'ers in the DC area, I'll have my RV-10 on display at the Innovations in Flight Day at the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy facility. Stop by and say hello. I believe that there will also be a RV-4 and RV-9A on display too.

bob

Last edited:
Mike/CJ,

I hope you have a great event and an even better time. I wish I could make it, perhaps next year.

For any RV'ers in the DC area, I'll have my RV-10 on display at the Innovations in Flight Day at the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy facility. Stop by and say hello. I believe that there will also be a RV-4 and RV-9A on display too.

bob
Bob,
I will be at the Udvar-Hazy event. Look forward to meeting another builder.

Tomorrow is looking fantastic for weather - great temperature, low humidity and low winds for most of the Mid-Atlantic area and up to the Northeast.

Come on our for a great time, free food and Mitch Lock's RV-14!

Last edited:
I saw Mitch's RV-14 at W29 last week - it's beautiful. If the Gods permit, I will be at the Gathering early-ish, then flying back to ESN, and driving to Dulles. Looooong day.....

Tomorrow is looking fantastic for weather - great temperature, low humidity and low winds for most of the Mid-Atlantic area and up to the Northeast.

Come on our for a great time, free food and Chip Lock's RV-14!

Well, had every intention of being there (even polished my plane!), but the lady who bought the RV asked me to accompany her to PHX for the day. She's both buying and flying (literally), can't say no to that. You guys have fun, first one I will miss.

bob

Bob, my Dad, Jerry, works at Udvar, so if he talks you up and mentions his son who owns an RV, this is the connection. Enjoy!

I saw Mitch's RV-14 at W29 last week - it's beautiful. If the Gods permit, I will be at the Gathering early-ish, then flying back to ESN, and driving to Dulles. Looooong day.....

We'll have some donuts and coffee ready for ya! Thanks for fitting our flyin into your busy day!

mike, i would of been on my way but today is our company PARTY. enjoy a beautiful day with the rv family. post a lot of pics. :)

Mike and Turbo, you missed a good one!

See you again soon!

Mikey, great bash! Good to see you!

Thanks for the beers!

;) CJ

THANKS!!!

Thanks to all of those that came out to the 4th Annual Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's today! I don't think we could of asked for better weather. I don't have the official count, but we had over 50 airplanes fly in, of which around 45 RV's. We sincerely appreciate all of the food donations! I hope everyone who attended had a great time!

I was entirely too busy to take even a single picture of today's activities, but we will release a video of the event in the next week or so. Here are some pictures I received from an attendee:

DSCN5265.JPG

DSCN5266.JPG

DSCN5267.JPG

DSCN5268.JPG

DSCN5269.JPG

DSCN5270.JPG

DSCN5271.JPG

DSCN5272.JPG

DSCN5273.JPG

DSCN5274.JPG

Thanks to Mike and Gang

Hey Mike,

It was nice meeting you and all the folks up there at the fly-in! You did
a great job and are a fantastic host!:)

Excellent job Mike and kudos to everyone that helped. Maybe next year you can set the box of beer next to my RV instead of Johns!

Nice

Looks a good time was had.
I will try harder to attend next year!!
Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!

Excellent job Mike and kudos to everyone that helped. Maybe next year you can set the box of beer next to my RV instead of Johns!

This beer swap thing has the potential for a whole new activity!

Maybe we should do a BEER SWAP FLY IN, just for that purpose!

How is that for an idea?

;) CJ

The video produced by Joseph Czachorowski of the Fourth Annual Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's has just been posted on Youtube. It turned out GREAT!:D

https://youtu.be/dUVhXmmof0E

Thanks again everyone for coming to our annual event and contributing to our EAA chapter! This was the best year yet!!!!

Back