What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Conduit

plbarrett2004

I've read several threads on this site regarding wing wiring and conduit. Using that info, I think I have a plan, but I still want a sanity check.

Currently, I'm planning to use two of the three possible conduit locations that Van's recommends (http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/Wing_Wiring.pdf). Those being the large diameter hole (0.750) at the 1/3 mark, and the tooling hole toward the main spar (0.650). The planned conduit is PEX tubing from Lowes / Home Depot.

I'm building an -8 that I plan to be an IFR / Night capable ship with nav / strobe in the wing tips, landing lights in the wings, and AOA pitot. I also plan to have a two axis autopilot. I may or may not place antenna in the wing tips, but would like the ability to do so if needed.

So my question is this... Are the two conduit runs I've described enough to carry all the wires, and maintain separation from the high interference items like the landing lights etc? Should I consider a third run down the lightening holes? Is there something else to consider that I have missed? Thanks!

Back