What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I'm transfering to Conroe, TX...

RV-3Bravo

Well Known Member
I have decided to transfer to Conroe w/ my company Dish Network. I'm moving around Oct of this year and would like to get in touch of some RVers at Montgomery County Airport when I get into town.

Houston RV Builders Group

Hey Stephen,

I suggest joining the Houston RV Builders yahoo group to get in touch with some local builders. We just moved from the Houston area and already miss the great bunch of guys/gals my wife and I met through that group. Conroe also has it's own local EAA Chapter and Larry Perryman (Subaru powered RV-9A) is president and also very active on the Yahoo group.

Good luck with your move and have fun with the group.

Welcome to the neighborhood! You made a good decision moving in October...I moved in July and thought I was going to die from the heat (originally from Chicago...the Houston heat in July was unlike anything I had ever experienced!!). It's also annoying when you drip sweat all over the wing ribs your trying to prime...but I'll take the heat over the Chicago winter every time.

I know there are several RV'ers at Lone Star Executive Airport, and from what I have heard they have a pretty active EAA Chapter with regular meetings, flyouts, etc. I think there are several who fly out of Hooks Memorial (DWH) as well.

If you need anything when you get into town or prior to, please don't hesitate to contact me via this forum or e-mail!

-John
RV-7A, Wings in process
Spring, TX
[email protected]

Welcome to Texas, Y'all

..its a good place to be.. :) A few helpful tips:

Even if you live in Houston, its essential to own least one Dallas Cowboys logoed item.

Beer is not sold between 11pm Saturday and noon Sunday. Plan ahead.

Some towns and counties do not sell beer at all. Avoid them.

Tornado sirens are tested at 1pm on the first Wednesday of the month, weather permitting. If you hear them at any other time, or weather is not permitting, take cover.

'VFR not recommended' does not mean 'costal stratus'. It means your wings will be beer cans next year if you fly in it.

Your neighbors and the people your meet on your field will appear at first glance to be warm, sincere and genuinely friendly. 20 years later, they still will be.

Again, welcome!

Last edited:
I have made it to Texas finally! Anyone meeting anytime soon at Lone Star Exec? I haven't started my project yet, but I am looking to meet people that can help me out later on down the road.

Back