What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EZ-FIND Valve Stem Extender

HFS

Well Known Member
Here's a pic of a little tool I made to extend the centerline of the valve stem onto the inside of the WP for an access hole - if you plan to "service" your tires from outside. It describes an arc on the inside of the pant - you just have to choose where on that arc you want the access hole.

Pretty self explanatory:

The threaded sleeve shown is just a piece of lamp shade extension all thread that happened to just fit over the valve stem. Just weld, braze, solder, glue or ? the pencil retaining nut onto the sleeve and cut down a pencil short enough to fit inside the WP when "retracted", and long enough to contact the inside of the pant when extended.

When the pencil is extended and touches the inside of the WP, rotate the wheel enough to make a mark (arc) long enough to that your "target" hole is somewhere in that arc. Then, just choose where you want that hole to be.

Remember, the valve stem is (probably) not perpendicular to the wheel face - and this tool helps avoid that pitfall. Ask me how I know?

This idea is not new, and there are many variations on how to mark these holes - this is just my take on it.

HFS

Attachments

• EZ-FIND.jpg
    EZ-FIND.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Back