What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vinyl and decal source

Veetail88

Well Known Member
Looking to add some invasion stripes and star and bars roundels to my 8 to dress her up a bit until I can devote another 15 grand to the plane in the form of a paint job.

Wondering what brand and type of vinyl I should use for the stripes, where is a good place to buy it, and where can I buy the roundels that are large enough to look right?

Have heard good things about AeroGraphics. They have Military markings.

"Whether you are restoring a P-51 or just want to have some fun with your RV-8, AeroGraphics can supply you with all your military markings."

I got my N number graphics from them for my RV-10. Very nice quality and not the cheap heavy stuff most vinyl graphics store fronts produce.

Flyboy Accessories

Hey folks, don't want to hijack a thread that's already been answered, but we also carry these decals, and we do custom work as well.

Our graphics are made from vinyl that's colored-through, as opposed to printed on top, as you'll find with some other vendors... I don't know about the Aerographics products, but the ones I've seen bought from "big box" aviation stores and local sign shops are typically printed on white vinyl and they will fade after a few years. We use top-quality cast vinyl that stays colorfast, doesn't shrink, and is rated for 8+ years of outdoor exposure.

You can find our Stars-N-Bars here: flyboyaccessories.com/Military-Stars-and-Bars-p/6003.htm

Or get in touch with me via email at [email protected].

Back