What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Portable Oxygen Bottle Mounting Idea

rvanstory

Well Known Member
At Oshkosh this year I bought a new Aerox Portable Oxygen system (4 place). Decided I wanted to find a better place than the back seat straps to hold the bottle, but wanted it out of the way.

Ended up making a super simple bracket out of scrap 1/8" aluminum. Here's parts list:
1 - 1/8" x 1.5" x 21.5" bracket
1 - 1/16" x 1" x 2.5" angled aluminum (for bottle base)
2 - Velcro straps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G4IVK96?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
1 - 5" piece of scrap hinge material (will mount using existing tunnel cover screws)

Various screws and nuts for bracket and straps.

Bottle fits nicely between two rear seats (if stock) and doesn't take any additional useable space. If I ever do need to remove, 4 screws and it's out.

Attachments

• IMG_5146 (1).jpg
    IMG_5146 (1).jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5147.jpg
    IMG_5147.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_5145.jpg
    IMG_5145.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 164
We bought a MountainHigh portable O2 system at Osh this year. It’s a seat back system and I mounted it to the co-pilots seat. I like it a lot and in that location from the pilot seat I can access the bottle, controller, and all the tubing/cannulas and masks which are all stowed in the carrier attached to the seat back.

It looks very nice, but I share Carl’s concern about the crash worthiness of velcro straps. Also possibly bouncing up and down on the tunnel cover in turbulence.
Can you reach it from the front seat?

When I upgraded to a new scuba BCD, I repurposed the back pack from my old one. A little trimming and minor mods and it mounted perfectly on top of the tunnel just aft of the front seats. The backpack is low profile and is double bolted to the tunnel and has two wide locking straps. The bottle lays horizontal on the tunnel (on top of the modified BC back pack) Easy to access to turn on o2 and see gage, etc and does not interfere with rear passengers.

Back