What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Usher Fuel Cap Latch and Post 33-ss

Funguy

Well Known Member
Any idea where to purchase an Usher Fuel Cap Latch and Post 33-ss? One of my latches is quite rounded and no longer lying flat.

Aircraft Spruce does not appear to stock it so presumably I might have to buy the whole unit.

Thanks!

Cheers, Sean

If you find a friend with a milling machine, you may be able to save that latch by machining about 1/64" off the bottom surface of the latch. It will have the effect of sharpening the rounded corner and make the latch sit down flat again. Flatness is paramount so i would not chose to do it with hand tools. Too easy to put a curve in it.

I had intentionally rounded mine to make them easier to open, which worked, but I went too far on one cap, and it stuck upwards like you describe. The machining above will fix it.

Of course, when you reassemble, the bottom disk will need to go onto the stem a partial turn further before locknutting.

This order form was in my tank cap box. You could try the email address on the form.

Attachments

• Tank Cap Usher Order Form.pdf
    616.6 KB · Views: 166
You can actually use a file or disc sander to remove a little off of the back and the bottom to re-square the corner. And recommend replacing the pin with drill rod or something similar product. The roll pins break. And keeping the O ring lubed also helps.

Back