Originally Posted by rcarsey
Could someone post a photo of their AOA calibration menu screen (MENU > Setup > AOA Calibration.
I just set up AOA this week. Unfortunately I didn't take screenshots while doing it but I can tell you that using autopilot, specifically the IAS, made it very easy. I had a safety pilot that was monitoring for traffic as I worked on the setup. Here are the steps I used:
1. Before flight I went into configuration mode and turned off ESP.
2. Climbed to 3,000 feet AGL then turned on autopilot and used indicated airspeed slowly dialing in the speeds for each of the three settings.
3. First setting was minimum visible AOA (the bottom green line). It was recommended to be 1.5x stall speed. Clean stall being 45kt I dialed up 67kts on the autopilot IAS and let it settle in to a smooth constant speed then pressed calibrate, then start, then done.
4. Next is caution alert AOA (the first yellow chevron). It is recommended to be 1.1x stall speed. I dialed in 50kts on the autopilot AOA and let it settle in to a smooth constant speed the pressed calibrate, then start, then done.
5. Last to set is the stall warning AOA (the uppermost red chevron). I dialed the autopilot IAS one knot at a time pushing the plane into a stall and just before the break of the stall I pressed calibrate, then start, then done.
If you have the G3X/G3X Touch Installation Manual (190-01115-01_an) instructions, with screenshots, begin on page 703 (35.4.9) and go through page 715.