Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironflight View Post
Thatís really the way its designed. The first part of the week, its a mega-gigantic aviator social event/fly-in, and the end of the week, its an airshow for the general public. So the shows build up all week long.
I wondered if that was the case, makes sense. No complaints here, just pointing out it would be disappointing if a guy left on Tuesday. Haha.

I was just talking to someone today that said the airshows werenít his thing. My brain simply did not compute!
Exempt but gladly paying!
Old 09-07-2021, 10:41 AM

Thanks for all the responses were just trying to put plans in place at moment , so I gather now that early on is a proper aviator flyin and then from say mid week itís a full blown air show with all the bells and whistles .

One more question is whether or not to bring the kids (lad is 8 , girl will be 6) , is there enough to keep em going for say 4 days or will they burn out by the first day, trying to see if we can make a road trip work .

Thanks

RV10
Training kit complete
Emp complete
Wings 90%
Dues paid gladly paid 2020-21
Old 09-07-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamcgee1978 View Post
Thanks for all the responses were just trying to put plans in place at moment , so I gather now that early on is a proper aviator flyin and then from say mid week itís a full blown air show with all the bells and whistles .

One more question is whether or not to bring the kids (lad is 8 , girl will be 6) , is there enough to keep em going for say 4 days or will they burn out by the first day, trying to see if we can make a road trip work .

Thanks
Plenty of activities for the kids. They is a dedicated area just for them. Take a look at the Kidventure pages on the Airventure web page. There is also a hands on area in the EAA museum for kids as well.

There is usually plenty of static aircraft displays that you can take a tour of the insides. The government also has displays the kids may enjoy, like the canine demonstrations.

Theyíll enjoy the Wednesday evening air show with all the pyrotechnics too.

There used to be a craft tent for the spouses, but I havenít kept up with that recently.

I donít know the age restrictions on the helicopter and other aircraft rides.

The bottom line is that there is plenty to kept them busy.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamcgee1978 View Post
To be fair, it is a full blown airshow all week, and an even bigger show toward the weekend. The crowd is the biggest change as some people who flew in leave, and more general public types come for the bigger airshows.

So, if you want to sit in one spot and watch a show, come later. If you want to meet with lots of pilots, homebuilders, restorers, etc, come early, and there will still be a show too.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
Plenty of activities for the kids. They is a dedicated area just for them. Take a look at the Kidventure pages on the Airventure web page. There is also a hands on area in the EAA museum for kids as well.

There is usually plenty of static aircraft displays that you can take a tour of the insides. The government also has displays the kids may enjoy, like the canine demonstrations.

Theyíll enjoy the Wednesday evening air show with all the pyrotechnics too.

There used to be a craft tent for the spouses, but I havenít kept up with that recently.

I donít know the age restrictions on the helicopter and other aircraft rides.

The bottom line is that there is plenty to kept them busy.
And with some work that is underway, we anticipate there being a LOT more stuff for the kids next year.
APRS
Old 09-08-2021, 02:30 AM

Cheers guys, have given us loads to think about. Much appreciated .

RV10
Training kit complete
Emp complete
Wings 90%
Dues paid gladly paid 2020-21
Old 09-09-2021, 01:53 PM

A friend rolled into the Osh camp ground the Saturday before Osh opened and said it was tough getting a spot. Other campers I talked with said campground was packed solid. Lots of RV (ground based) sales occurred over the past year so you may need to take availability into consideration.