I also used electrical tape on my RV6 canopy along edges of the fairings and had some adhesive to remove. I used isopropyl alcohol sparingly to clean off the residue. At the time I made this same statement on this form and it generated some negatives comments. As a result I did take a scrap piece of Plexiglas put it under heavy stress in a vice causing the plexi to bow then put alcohol on it and it did crack. However, the canopy has been flying for 15+ years with no cracks, crazing, or anything else since. My canopy is held in place via #6 C/S screws in over sized holes with bushings which are thicker than the plexi so no pressure is applied to the canopy. Proseal was used as a water seal and as at thread locker on the screws. Check on the ingredients of the alcohol as I believe drugstore isopropyl can be different strengths. The stuff I used was low strength, very cheap bought from a drugstore. I have done two canopies this way, one on the RV6 and on an RV8 which has not yet flown.