What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH AirVenture 2016 RV-10 Dinner/Social

bcondrey

Well Known Member
Patron
Sticking with tradition, we will be hosting the annual Oshkosh RV-10 dinner/social on Sunday 7/24 this year. Location will be in Camp Scholler (in the area of 54th & Lindbergh) as in the past but we won't know the exact area until we get on site, about a week before. We will also acquire an additional site as in years past for a hangout area during the week.

Start time will be 5:30, feel free to show up early if you'd like to be put to work setting up! We've had best luck just taking care of the food rather than doing pot luck so we'll stick with that approach and have a container for a free will offering to help offset cost. If you'd rather bring something that's ok, it's just difficult for a lot of folks to do much if they flew in and/or are camping.

Not sure what the menu is yet but probably something different than the standard burgers and brats. This is intended to be RV-10 focused but as always, those still in the planning stages, vendors, etc. are also welcome.

More details when the date gets closer, as of now there isn't much more known. If you are planning to attend I'd appreciate a heads up (PM limit will be quickly exceeded, email or just reply to the post please) so we have some idea of head count.

I'll be there, solo, again this year.:( My wife keeps telling me "next year," when the kids are a little older. (They're 2 and 4 now)

Yes, please. Put me down for one. The wife says she'll come to Oshkosh when we can fly the '10 there!

Need some of y'all to stop by the house and help me accelerate the build! :)

We're in. Time to integrate into the RV-10 crowd although we probably won't abandon the RV-8 crowd. We will be 2 adults, a 1 year old (born opening day of Oshkosh last year) and a 3 year old.

I will be there, and this is the year my wife finally said yes, so there will be 2 of us. I can help with cleaning like last year or anything else needed. Bringing the 5th wheel RV this year instead of the 172. Hope to fly the 10 in next year, it is getting closer. This big question is will it be mags or pmags? :)

Count us +2 both in! As with last year, we'll be arriving early, camping in the N40, and happy to help with any errands, setup, or teardown/cleanup tasks that may arise.

Look forward to seeing everyone again :)

Hello Bob,

+1

This will be my first visit to Oshkosh,so I am looking forward to meeting other
poor souls who have the same affliction as me :)

Thank you for putting it together

please put me down for 2. I think my beautiful wife will make it this year.

Thanks to all that have already replied, I've got you in my count.

Bill: you and the crew that helped with cleanup last year were amazing (and appreciated), thanks!

Will be there...from Cedar Rapids, IA

Bob,

Thanks for putting this together again. Looking forward to it...as always. Will help with any task. Will meet you in Boone, IA (Boone RV Day on 6/18) if you're going to be there.

vj

Please add my name to the pot. About 1/2 done on the wings for my 10

Looking forward to making a lot of contacts.

Count me in (1 person). My first visit to OSH, and my primary focus will be learning all I can about building the RV-10 and options since I am early in my build. (Emp. mostly done, QB kits both due to be delivered to my shop on Tues.)

Thanks
Dave

I should be there, 1 person.

Flying my -10 to KOSH for the first time this year, although I am told it's not the first time my RV-10 will be there :)

Planning to arrive Sunday morning VFR, weather permitting of course.

Dinner/Social

I plan to be there with newly flying RV-10 N955DQ, and happy to help. Looking forward to meeting the community. --Chuck Weber

RV-10 Dinner/Social

I plan on attending Sunday night's social. There will be two of us attending.

Dave Syvertson

I have Ethan's RV-10 wings in my hangar. Does that count?
This is my first time at Oshkosh, so I would love to attend and meet everyone.

Bruce: We've never turned anybody away but the intent has always been to facilitate a social event where the RV-10 folks can get together, socialize, swap lies, etc. In the past it seems that there has usually been at least a couple of the 2 seat RV folks in attendance.

Still on

We are at OSH on Lindbergh between 51 and 52 about one third the way down.
Still planning on the event as advertised

Gary Specketer

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for putting this together. It is always great to see old friends and make new ones at this event.

Put our family down for 6 = 4 (RaNae and I, as well as my parents will be attending) + our 2 girls (6 and 4)

Just letting folks know that we're still monitoring this thread and the dinner is still on. Our super early advance team (Gary & Brenda) has secured the location in Camp Scholler. It's one row west of where we were last year, along 52nd on the west side, south of Lindbergh. I also have it on good authority that the picnic table fairy made a delivery yesterday...

Location is about a 5 minute walk from either the Theater in the Woods gate or the Fly Market gate (either one). Maps of Camp Scholler are on the EAA Airventure website, or just exit one of the above gates and make your way 1 "block" south to Lindbergh. From there, just make your way to 52nd and go south a bit more.

As in the past, the "group site" where the social is being held will also be available during the week of the show as a place for RV-10 builders/fliers/enthusiasts to gather/meet and enjoy a bit of shade and swapping stories, tips and hints.

RV-10 Dinner/Social

Looking forward to it. Please put me down for 4. Arriving early Friday afternoon, and I will have a car, so if needed, please let me know.

Mike Tippin

Just letting folks know that we're still monitoring this thread and the dinner is still on. Our super early advance team (Gary & Brenda) has secured the location in Camp Scholler. It's one row west of where we were last year, along 52nd on the west side, south of Lindbergh. I also have it on good authority that the picnic table fairy made a delivery yesterday...

Location is about a 5 minute walk from either the Theater in the Woods gate or the Fly Market gate (either one). Maps of Camp Scholler are on the EAA Airventure website, or just exit one of the above gates and make your way 1 "block" south to Lindbergh. From there, just make your way to 52nd and go south a bit more.

As in the past, the "group site" where the social is being held will also be available during the week of the show as a place for RV-10 builders/fliers/enthusiasts to gather/meet and enjoy a bit of shade and swapping stories, tips and hints.

Can't wait for AV 2016, only 2 weeks out! See you soon.

I was very happy to attend last year. I got some fantastic contacts for purchasing some sub assemblies. I brought the watermelons last year. What is the thing that you need the most that I can bring and I will make sure it happens?

If you could, can you plan on 1 for me?

Catered

We are doing things slightly different this year and having the meal catered thus what we need most is $$$ to pay the caterer. If you are coming let us know so we have enough food.

However beer donations are still welcome.

We still need folks to help set up and clean up.

Gary Specketer

We wil be there. Thanks for making this happen yet again, we always look forward to it. 2 adults and one child that eats like an adult and one child that don't eat much😜.

I'll be there with one other person. Looking forward to seeing Dave Syvertson and Chuck Weber for the first time there this year. Thanks to Bob and Gary and others for putting this on again.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing Dave Syvertson and Chuck Weber for the first time there this year. Thanks to Bob and Gary and others for putting this on again.

Me too. We used Dave's canopy cover at a class at Dave Saylor's shops many years ago. It's always nice to see builds finally finished. Out of the ten or so in the class, Dave's will be the third one flying. Bill Watson was the first, and I was the second.

We were planning to fly up tomorrow (Sunday) but now we won't be there until Monday, possibly even Tuesday. Bummed we'll miss the RV10 social.

Back